• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

New Terms and Conditions

12 posts in this topic

PokeDude you are on point.

And in addition they will be selling our personal information without allowing us to choose what information can be shared? Companies are moving toward giving their customers/members more rights in opting out without impacting customer care and services. Yet, it appears CGC is trying to get every cent they can and making us agree that even if THEY damage one of our collectibles they are NOT responsible? If you didn't read and just clicked, go back and check it out.  I personally love their use of CAPITAL LETTERS!!

What is happening to this company?

If they had any serious competition at the moment would they be doing this?? If PSA was still doing their thing would this be happening?

I have a bunch of great comics for my PC I was getting ready to send in for press/grade but not now. Nor will I be sending in any more cards. I really feel for those of you who rely on graded items for your businesses.

And, of course to the trolls who want to pick a fight, we are frustrated and venting to our own community... not seeking to enter into an unwinnable debate.

So there!! ;)

image.png.5e029ba5bd0b9c9850cfed18e6e81403.png

Edit: I don't think they're going back to charging up front, I think it means that you agree to pay the full amount of the Submission at the time of clicking "submit", and this gives them the ability to charge someone up front if they have a history of payment issues etc. At least I think that's what this means.

@PaulS. can you confirm? With TAT's continually increasing I just can't understand a scenario where it'd be appropriate to revert to the old 'pay up front' model for everyone who submits.

Also, @PaulS. while I have you.... can I use the CGC scans of my slabs to sell on Ebay? I know the images are copyrighted, but can I credit the actual image to CGC and maybe add a watermark saying copyright CGC or something? Taking good pics of slabs is such a timesuck and it'd be nice to just use the scans already available via cert lookup! 

Edited by PokemanDude90

CGC had soooo many opportunities to capture a massive market share of this industry and essentially become the new leader for card grading and just stumbled time and time again. I am assuming they are currently making incredible amounts of money right now regardless of how poorly the company is being ran so I guess in the end the powers that be could really care less. It's certainly a shame though. 

• Administrator
On 5/21/2021 at 7:23 PM, PokemanDude90 said:

image.png.5e029ba5bd0b9c9850cfed18e6e81403.png

Edit: I don't think they're going back to charging up front, I think it means that you agree to pay the full amount of the Submission at the time of clicking "submit", and this gives them the ability to charge someone up front if they have a history of payment issues etc. At least I think that's what this means.

@PaulS. can you confirm? With TAT's continually increasing I just can't understand a scenario where it'd be appropriate to revert to the old 'pay up front' model for everyone who submits.

Also, @PaulS. while I have you.... can I use the CGC scans of my slabs to sell on Ebay? I know the images are copyrighted, but can I credit the actual image to CGC and maybe add a watermark saying copyright CGC or something? Taking good pics of slabs is such a timesuck and it'd be nice to just use the scans already available via cert lookup! 

We changed when we charge a few months ago due to the increasing turnaround times. But submissions received before that unfortunately were already charged at receipt. Yes, if you are able to get the scans, its fine. We are not policing that or anything. 

Paul

I sent in a bulk submission right before the price increase it is still just delivered not received yet because of all of the backlog of orders  currently. I am curious though to if I will have to pay for my order when they open and log it into the system next month or if I have to pay for it when it goes into grading like they had originally stated

Edited by Ryan Connolly