• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Breaking News! eBay now Charges more for Capital Letters!
3 3

69 posts in this topic

Just now, Brock said:

I was definitely more confused after talking to Ryan than before... but here's the crux of his claim:

ebaynote6.PNG

I'd say that's ebay confusion, not OP confusion.

True.

Just now, Funnybooks said:

Times were much simpler when BOLD letters meant you were yelling at someone

YEAH, AND BACK THEN YOU JUST GOT SCOLDED FOR YELLING EVEN WHEN YOU DIDN'T MEAN IT.  OOPS, SORRY!!! :roflmao:

Heres another surprise i received when fulfilling a GSP purchase. Ebay now also charges you the international fee. I dont recall seeing this before switching and i think the buyer used to pay it but now with managed payments you are charged the transaction fee for the bank to bank conversion of money. Basically the exchange rate. I sold a router for $550 and on top of every other fee i also had an international fee of $11. The managed payments fees page does say that the seller will be charged an international fee if the buyers shipping address is not in the same country as the sellers. It mentions nothing about the fact that despite the GSP address being in the US you will still be charged. 

When i complained and asked why they said that this is what the banks charge for conversion of pounds to dollars and is now charged to sellers because they used to get lots of cancelations when it was charged to the buyer.  The rep advised cancelling the sale and increasing the price by the exchange rate. Yet another reason to not sell on ebay. He said he is also a seller and has raised all his prices by at least 15%.

2 hours ago, justafan said:

Heres another surprise i received when fulfilling a GSP purchase. Ebay now also charges you the international fee. I dont recall seeing this before switching and i think the buyer used to pay it but now with managed payments you are charged the transaction fee for the bank to bank conversion of money. Basically the exchange rate. I sold a router for $550 and on top of every other fee i also had an international fee of $11. The managed payments fees page does say that the seller will be charged an international fee if the buyers shipping address is not in the same country as the sellers. It mentions nothing about the fact that despite the GSP address being in the US you will still be charged. 

When i complained and asked why they said that this is what the banks charge for conversion of pounds to dollars and is now charged to sellers because they used to get lots of cancelations when it was charged to the buyer.  The rep advised cancelling the sale and increasing the price by the exchange rate. Yet another reason to not sell on ebay. He said he is also a seller and has raised all his prices by at least 15%.

What? That's ludicrous. As an international buyer I KNOW to take that into account before purchasing. It's literally second nature. 

Can someone please stop this world and let me off. 

44 minutes ago, Chief1332 said:

Just another reason to NOT use eBay!!

Thank you for not charging me fees, CGC boards!!

Hardly anyone on the boards buys anything unless it's dirt cheap, cheap enough for someone to flip or some rare golden age book or a mega key.  What's the difference if eBay charges you 12% on full asking price or if you sell it on the boards at a 20% discount?  You're still paying fees indirectly  

4 hours ago, vheflin said:

slogan.thumb.jpg.2df9d66eb83da6668de396dd144a6b86.jpg

"Your business is ours!"  Is this ebay's slogan?:sick::(

Nope, ebay's new slogan is,

"Close your eyes, bend over that desk, while we give you the business!"