• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post Your Dumb Comic Book Covers

299 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Everything about this guy's head/face:

80 BATMAN Covers That Are Hilariously Weird - Nerdist

... and the library not having any books. :whistle:

Hey, should there be books in the room behind them?  

Nah, just make it really dark in there.  Kids don't read books anyway, that's why they're buying comics.

Edited by valiantman

4 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:
7 hours ago, kav said:

This cover is pretty dumb-that is not how buildings work-at all.
Also what is it a building for lilliputions or something??

262-1.jpg

Expand  

At that time, everybody was Kung Fu fighting and somewhat out of scale. LSD was popular as well.

well one thing is for sure

that karate chop

belongs on a test your strength show

many cinder blocks! Ka-Chow! :sumo: 

A few issues later, speaking of out of scale, we have Nephilim Superman being brought down by two thumbed mutants. I estimate he would be roughly 9 feet tall if they stood him up. Maybe the two thumbed mutants decompressed his spine as well.

Perry White yells at his reporters telling them:

"Back in MY day, I was covering the Korean War, we had to fight for our stories! Once, when I flew out to a battlefield in an army medical helicopter, the pilot was hit by enemy shrapnel... It was a good thing I could fly one of those heaps, or another medic team would have been peeling us from the battleground! Why, if I were a TV-reporter I'd really show you how to cover a story! "

Because copy boys editors of metropolitan newspapers ALL knew how to fly a "bird". Okay, Boomer.

RAD728B320161022_123743.jpg

15 minutes ago, Randall Ries said:

The famous Bat #9 redux. Why that #9 isn't a classic cover I'll never know.

THIS cover always reminded me of the bizarre stuff going on in Fleischer Betty Boop cartoons.

The Batman is really clutching his pearls here.

19 minutes ago, BigLeagueCHEW said:

Yeah, I think that is why it was only on this one. Was not a good choice on Marvels part.

It was not. I like Action 419, but just barely. Only time I loved real life mixed with animation was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit". They tried it again with Ralph Bakshi in 1992(?) with "Cool World". Failed dismally. p14099_p_v10_aa.thumb.jpg.0a6c1ad26e2773866df4ef5de02ac6dc.jpg

25 minutes ago, KirbyJack said:

C740169F-07E0-4167-BC97-59DD5AEBB3B6.thumb.jpeg.50941cde0ab9a623a5a833fdc197b1c9.jpeg

Imagine yourself a FF fan back in ‘66. You’ve finished reading #49, and waited a month long eternity to finally get your hands on the conclusion to the greatest comics story you’ve ever read. You grab your copy of #50! What will happen? Will Earth endure?!

Aparently so, because there’s Johnny strolling to class in a topcoat. Kirby stepped on the ending. It was always “what’s next?” with The King.

Dang that's right. Were college kids dressed like that in 1966? Wearing Fedora's and smoking Brierwood pipes? Have to assume he went in 1967 because the whole Surfer/Galactus thing was probably a PTSD inducing episode.