• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

5 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

CGC already way ahead of them… $10 for grader notes right?

It could be fun!

We could all build characters like dungeons and dragons

5 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Not sure how you ad micro transactions to collectibles but a VC is how it starts. Be like

.02 cents per post

.05 cent to use the verification link

.10 to check your order stat

We do have fees now but the future might  be "more efficient" and gradual; although some said it would turn away customers they'd be so taxing

Which they did not have to do!

:tink:

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

5 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

It could be fun!

We could all build characters like dungeons and dragons

We do have fees now but the future might  be "more efficient" and gradual; although some said it would turn away customers they'd be so taxing

Which they did not have to do!

:tink:

Guilty!

200-2.gif

6 hours ago, FlyingDonut said:

The amount of oh my god panic in this thread is laughable. Blackstone wants to make money. That's all they want to do. Nothing else. The chance of the end user (us) being affected by this at all is near zero as CGC is an ATM with a near monopoly in the space.

Prices might go up. That's probably about it.

Oh, that's it? Did you somehow miss the reaction to the very recent price increases?

1 hour ago, szav said:

Dunno why all the panic about the boards being taken away.  Hard to imagine a company that wants to increase CGCs digital presence would nuke the very forums that create and drive so much of the market and hype.

Let’s hope Jay-Z and the NBA elite see it that way.

1 minute ago, snitzer said:

Let’s hope Jay-Z and the NBA elite see it that way.

I'm sure they'd like to be as close to the "conversation" as possible.  I think the boards gives them that I hope lol

4 minutes ago, szav said:

Does he have a rep for buying businesses and ruining them?  Honestly I don't know, but I doubt  it.

Purely guessing here, but I'm thinking those guy's interest would be more in turning CGC into a legitimate competitor to PSA for sports card type stuff.  They'll probably be happy to just leave the comic book side alone as CGC already has about a 100% market share anyway.

Not sure about the biz side. My comment was re: yours and the value of an internet bulletin board to them, as the new co., moves forward and evaluates value.

Edited by snitzer

4 hours ago, DjMartini said:

If you think some people on the forums are bad, Reddit trolls are even worse lol.

I would recommend having a Private/Invite only community for Reddit. Discord would be good too. Could definitely create sub categories and such for different topics. Plus the live talking system would be good for sellers and facilitators to converse.  

2c

An alternate to here was tried once.  Wasn't it called The Comic Book Forum?

6 minutes ago, csaag said:

Ok we have to push the Philly  talk. Does commenting about Barkley on the Bucks/Hawks halftime show count?

I wish Barkley would work the CGC phone lines.  I would wait longer just to hear "you knuckle head, why did you send this book into get graded?  Don't you know it aint worry nothing, so stop complaining!"

Somehow he would work in a jab at LeBron as well! 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

3 hours ago, Genuine Article Comics said:

There should definitely be concern for the hobby as a whole.  Blackstone is an investment company invested in a variety of companies for virtually one purpose and one purpose only...profit. They will likely institute efficiencies which will likely be cuts to various departments. They will also likely increase grading costs and lower or remove any discounts. The original CGC vision was seen through a collectors/hobbyists lense....the new vision for CGC is now seen through investor/bankers lense......the original vision always maintained a degree of love of comics/collectibles the new vision maintaines a love of profit/money.

Yes, that is true about investment companies.  They only care about two things…1 - Did you make us any money this quarter  2 - Did you make us more money then you did the quarter before.
Maybe a 3rd one.  "Did you meet "our" expectations of what you should make this quarter assuming the first two are a "Yes"?  IF not, then the slash and burn starts to happen pretty soon.
I fear for CGC but I'm hoping for the best so we will see what happens soon enough.