• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, D84 said:

That depends on what their goal is for your company.

We were making money (yes, I saw the books), until they bought us and started squeezing the customers, which caused them to flee, so instead of fixing their overly aggressive price hikes and added fees, they cut hours and then the layoffs started.

Then you were not making them the money they wanted. VC firms only care about making their number. ONLY. You weren't making enough money. To the end CGC customer there will be little change, outside of a near certainty of a price increase.

18 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Grading and slabbing

Like they do in the one location in Florida 

But do that in other locations :roflmao:

CGC can't have multiple office locations grading comics.  It's not logical.

What if the east coast office is looser than the west coast office?  All submission would go to the east coast office.

2 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

What if the east coast office is looser than the west coast office?  All submission would go to the east coast office.

I though about that...

But you're either hiring and training new graders or your not, not too sure how location factors in at this point 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
8 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

I though about that...

But you're either hiring and training new graders or your not, not too sure how location factors in at this point 

Let's put it this way, if you're highering new graders to train so they dont need help to do it, wouldnt this be the opportune time to fund new locations?  Or would you wait until you now have a 100 graders and a really big facility?

I can see there isnt too much upside, in that it doesnt provide too much more for the customer (having different locations) other than quicker shipping and drop offs etc

But that would be like making cgc a McDonald's hence my ROYALE with CHEESE  remarks

Maybe no one followed that idk

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

6 minutes ago, BlowUpTheMoon said:

How can you have the growth they want without opening multiple new locations?CGC on every block!

3 hours ago, csaag said:

quoted from an article

"Mark Salzberg, CCG's founder, and Steven R. Eichenbaum, CCG's CEO, will retain a significant minority stake"

so they're not running off

My uncle was a millionaire and Air Cargo (SF area) founder before he sold 95% of his company to other company and he owned 5% stake of the his company.  For only next five year, his former company was dissolved. He was bought out. Now, he had nothing left.

Edited by JollyComics

45 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

I'm sure he is embroiled in an argument about climate change.  

But seriously, if we close down, we should ask the mods about transitioning to  a discord, reddit page or some some other forum

If you think some people on the forums are bad, Reddit trolls are even worse lol.

I would recommend having a Private/Invite only community for Reddit. Discord would be good too. Could definitely create sub categories and such for different topics. Plus the live talking system would be good for sellers and facilitators to converse.  

2c

1 hour ago, eddly said:

How can you have the growth they want without opening multiple new locations?CGC on every block!

No no no

You have to see the "vision" with billboards that say, move to Florida home of cgc .

I can see having 100 graders under one roof, I also see other locations out of country as inevitable, which only makes sense if you try it in country first

But these are just thoughts, I don't make the decisions

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

they could all keep the same cert number factoring, I dont see how "buyers" would know that you sent it to one facility or another...... and figure it was graded soft

Other than the possible submitter themselves 

And rest assured management has thought this out, much better than I, and it's not a "new idea"

Still the announcement said the "investors" shared the same vision

That said

I'm sure long time boardies have a better idea of what that original vision was, but I dont see any examples, and I'm just throwing out ideas

Not conclusions 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

4 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No no no

You have to see the "vision" with billboards that say, move to Florida home of cgc .

I can see having 100 graders under one roof, I also see other locations out of country as inevitable, which only makes since if you try it in country first

But these are just thoughts, I don't make the decisions

CGC has 20 graders now. 5 teams. They have graded 5,000 books per day. That is about 250 books per grader. Sometimes, they have to work in overtime and weekends even they have back up/part-time graders.