• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

3 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

CGC has 20 graders now. 5 teams. They have graded 5,000 books per day. That is about 250 books per grader. Sometimes, they have to work in overtime and weekends even they have back up/part-time graders.

For now yes, the announcement says there will be more new hires

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

For now yes, the announcement says there will be more new hires

Given this I don't see how anyone can draw conclusions from my hypotheticals 

Which I've stated are that

To expect me to defend a hypothetical is ridonkulous

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

12 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

No no no

You have to see the "vision" with billboards that say, move to Florida home of cgc .

I can see having 100 graders under one roof, I also see other locations out of country as inevitable, which only makes since if you try it in country first

But these are just thoughts, I don't make the decisions

From a logistics perspective, having more than one location would be beneficial when it comes to cost. Especially with large shows like SDCC & NYCC, it would be better to have closer facilities to go to than having to ship boxes or send employees cross country to do get things done. 

I don't think the "Starbucks" route of a facility or store on every corner would be beneficial but having close facilities makes it easier.

3 minutes ago, DjMartini said:

From a logistics perspective, having more than one location would be beneficial when it comes to cost. Especially with large shows like SDCC & NYCC, it would be better to have closer facilities to go to than having to ship boxes or send employees cross country to do get things done. 

I don't think the "Starbucks" route of a facility or store on every corner would be beneficial but having close facilities makes it easier.

Will be interesting to see if they start up with cons again, one can hope, but with this current transitio, there hasn't been too much "other news" as of late.

Registry awards used to have a deadline clock countdown among other stuff

It's times like these when one could wonder if "they" were a little preoccupied idk

2 minutes ago, JollyComics said:

I was rejected for no reason before Blackstone acquired it.

Yes weren't we all, it is kind of a dream job, but I think you're not allowed to be in the market of slabs, not too sure the requirements of it when working with cgc.

I'm all for a bigger facility,  the start of this thread was how it would be long term and growth, i was only thinking a possible Avenue. Evidently my opinions are just that no worries

Now onto Florida and the job generating business of the people who have a value, I'm sure they're stressed out down there lol

I've heard of worst times for a company in transition, hopefully it looks up for them this holiday weekend. :)

52 minutes ago, FlyingDonut said:

Then you were not making them the money they wanted. VC firms only care about making their number. ONLY. You weren't making enough money. To the end CGC customer there will be little change, outside of a near certainty of a price increase.

Yeah, we weren't making their number, and here's why...

The reason profits dropped were their overly aggressive price increases (as much as 70%) and hardlining with the customers. People will only put up with so much before they walk away. A lot of high paying clients left.

Let's also not forget that cutting staff because they didn't make their number does effect the customer. Less people to help the customer means delays.

I hope this doesn't happen with CGC, but my experience says it's likely. 

1 hour ago, Nazirite said:

I laughed reading this but what if this hobby really does catch on for the culture? Can you imagine? All it would take is him or Beyoncé really holding  a CGC book and folks seeing that and saying “ what’s that?” 

It won’t happen. Or probably won’t but if it does happen I hope it’s an Alf 48 in a CGC 9.9. But to answer your question seriously it would be like the card industry then where influencers and famous athletes are doing pack breaks on YouTube and showing off Kobe rookie cards on IG. I’d also imagine we get more Rob Liefeld Levi’s commercials like this one 

Edited by wiparker824