• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC/CCG to be sold...
8 8

459 posts in this topic

8 minutes ago, Genuine Article Comics said:

Yes, it did happen at all tiers and make no mistake that it will happen again and at a hire rate of frequency. 

Lol I was just thinking actually what discounts are left to take away?

Also, maybe this has (sorry for another indefensible hypothetical) been why cgc let us finish out the year at current discounts if renewed by May whatever and the rest of time on current tier contracts?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Frankly, if Blackstone wants to extract the true value out of this business, they will probably graft onto CGC an auction arm or even offer collectors to purchase some selected collectibles right as they are graded...

Wonder how long it will take to move from humans to AI-driven imaging software to "objectively" grade a comic book...

6 minutes ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

220px-Faith_Like_Potatoes.jpg.cdd119a44856734cb04e5509d9d6ea23.jpg

Is it sad to say....?

Ibe owned that movie lol

Watched it by pressing FF (fast forward) in short the rain came  :banana:

Just Push Play- Aerosmith 

Just now, Frederic9494 said:

Frankly, if Blackstone wants to extract the true value out of this business, they will probably graft onto CGC an auction arm or even offer collectors to purchase some selected collectibles right as they are graded...

Wonder how long it will take to move from humans to AI-driven imaging software to "objectively" grade a comic book...

Hopefully as long as it takes C-Link to acquire and implement auction technology newer than 2010

3 minutes ago, Funnybooks said:

Ouch...and he'll miss the mark like the Sixers missed the finals again this year

There is a reason I am from the city suburbs of Philadelphia originally and never rooted for them.

Thankfully I was a trendy Bulls fans of the 90's and went that route.  After seeing MJ no reason IMO to watch anyone else.

LeBron may currently still be in the NBA's penthouse, but MJ owner the building! 

Edited by NewWorldOrder

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Yes weren't we all, it is kind of a dream job, but I think you're not allowed to be in the market of slabs, not too sure the requirements of it when working with cgc.

I'm all for a bigger facility,  the start of this thread was how it would be long term and growth, i was only thinking a possible Avenue. Evidently my opinions are just that no worries

Now onto Florida and the job generating business of the people who have a value, I'm sure they're stressed out down there lol

I've heard of worst times for a company in transition, hopefully it looks up for them this holiday weekend. :)

I was told that I cannot sell due to the conflict of interest but I am allowed to buy them.

1 minute ago, JollyComics said:

I was told that I cannot sell due to the conflict of interest but I am allowed to buy them.

That's good to know. :)

Wonder if it was sell personally or if like you could still send ti mycomicshop and let them sell....

1 minute ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

That's good to know. :)

Wonder if it was sell personally or if like you could still send ti mycomicshop and let them sell....

Since I was rejected, I have so many questions that are gone unanswered. No idea.

I know one former grader decided to leave the company so he can buy and sell.

Edited by JollyComics

6 hours ago, Nic8612 said:

That's the VC model. Make a company grow too fast and bleed it dry at maximum speed/efficiency. Dump it when the company is just a shell of it's former self and you've alienated your base

THIS