• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

THIEF ATTEMPTING TO SELL STOLEN COMICS
2 2

77 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Mecha_Fantastic said:

Oh it's in San Francisco? Yeah I've seen reports of weird stuff going on there, of gangs literally being able to brazenly walk or ride in on motorcycles into stores and take what they want and leave, and nothing is being done about it. It sounds like there's some real problems there at the moment. 

And here's me thinking THE PURGE was just a movie.  :facepalm:

9 hours ago, spreads said:

The problem with stolen Jetson comics is you won't be able to find a buyer for them.....so if you pretend to be a buyer in a sting operation the seller will know something is up!

Yes. I've been told by a few friends thank gosh they stole Stuff nobody wants.🤔😕😡😭😭😭😱🙈

41 minutes ago, Cobbledclam said:

Yes. I've been told by a few friends thank gosh they stole Stuff nobody wants.🤔😕😡😭😭😭😱🙈

Sorry I didn't mean to make light of your loss, this post is a bit strange is all.....maybe the old sugar in the gas tank trick would make you feel better?

17 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sadly, police departments all over the country have been disrespected, defunded and have had a real hard time keeping up with crime these days. 

A mere property theft with no violence or injury has very little priority to them. 

This guy sounds desperate and dangerous. Good thing you wern’t present during the theft. 

A real shame but it is a sad sign of our times...

Sure if by “These days” you mean always? I had my car broken into 20 years ago and the police told me to go check the pawn shop because that’s my best bet to find my stuff.  Non-violent burglaries are never really a priority for police. And to be honest it makes sense, that’s why you have insurance. I’d much prefer the police spend there time solving violent crimes then spend time and money trying to get back my comics I have insured anyways. 

22 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

A burglary of a dwelling is a lot more serious than a property crime. In New York State it is classified as a B violent felony, one step below intentional murder. Someone willing to enter a potentially occupied home is considered capable of doing anything. Hence the right of a homeowner to use lethal force against the bad guy. 

21 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Sure if by “These days” you mean always? I had my car broken into 20 years ago and the police told me to go check the pawn shop because that’s my best bet to find my stuff.  Non-violent burglaries are never really a priority for police. And to be honest it makes sense, that’s why you have insurance. I’d much prefer the police spend there time solving violent crimes then spend time and money trying to get back my comics I have insured anyways. 

giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/5h7QyqNo7Vq98s8L28/source.gif

26 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

Sadly, police departments all over the country have been disrespected, defunded and have had a real hard time keeping up with crime these days. 

A mere property theft with no violence or injury has very little priority to them. 

This guy sounds desperate and dangerous. Good thing you wern’t present during the theft. 

A real shame but it is a sad sign of our times...

Maybe some of us will respect them more when they stop sleeping behind the convent at the local church in their car or the treeline behind the diner (actually sleeping not rafting where they hang out with other cops at the back of the train station), fixing tickets and accidents involving personal injury for relatives, driving other officers (friend of mine) home who are caught in drunk driving incidents, going at it with their girlfriends behind the utility shed by the boating ramps at the local park ... among other things.

Nassau County police ... one of the highest paid policing jobs in the nation. 

I live in what can be referred to as a cop town.  Many of the guys who work NYPD that live here cannot stand Nassau County PD around my town.

43 minutes ago, ThothAmon said:

A burglary of a dwelling is a lot more serious than a property crime. In New York State it is classified as a B violent felony, one step below intentional murder. Someone willing to enter a potentially occupied home is considered capable of doing anything. Hence the right of a homeowner to use lethal force against the bad guy. 

Yup, which is why I said in the garage sale thread that if anyone ever tried entering my home to rob me I would shrug at shooting them.  My only concern would be cleaning the place up after the fact. 

6 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Yup, which is why I said in the garage sale thread that if anyone ever tried entering my home to rob me I would shrug at shooting them.  My only concern would be cleaning the place up after the fact. 

I think if they got around the nosey neighbors, the cameras and alarm system, my dogs would rip them up pretty good. I am a peaceful person and don’t want any trouble but if you enter my house with theft or harm to my family on your mind, I would have no problem blowing you away if I could. I would just hire someone to clean up the aftermath. 

We are living in times whereby, we are pretty much on our own. 

52 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I think if they got around the nosey neighbors, the cameras and alarm system, my dogs would rip them up pretty good. I am a peaceful person and don’t want any trouble but if you enter my house with theft or harm to my family on your mind, I would have no problem blowing you away if I could. I would just hire someone to clean up the aftermath. 

We are living in times whereby, we are pretty much on our own. 

Do you have body bags on standing order?

7 minutes ago, wiparker824 said:

Not necessary. Just need some hydroflouric acid. Just make sure you don’t forget the plastic bin like Jesse did

you dont even need hydroflouric acid 12 molar hydrochloric, nitric, or sulfuric will do the trick.  Do not I repeat do not combine all 3 tho.

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

All my books are in plain sight in my bedroom.  If you can get passed my 2 Trained German Shepherd's,  and my 9mm you can have them. My Shepard's would rip a person up before I even have to do anything. 

12 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

All my books are in plain sight in my bedroom.  If you can get passed my 2 Trained German Shepherd's,  and my 9mm you can have them. My Shepard's would rip a person up before I even have to do anything. 

wut if they do this tho
Believe it or not, the cartoon 'Pound Puppies' was inspired by 'Hogan's  Heroes'

I mean, if they want to go through some of my drek boxes and take that, they're welcome to it. It'd be nice to have that space back. I'll even tell them where to look, and help them bag it up. 

Edited by Mecha_Fantastic