• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 10/31/2021 at 7:57 AM, Pontoon said:

Guys, I'm sure this won't be a popular opinion, but how about saving the endless memes and joking for the next "Kang" thread in CG? This is a probation thread. Alex had a legitimate problem which is why he opened it. Then, months after the fact, Golden Pete returns and obfuscates the issue with pages and pages of walls and walls of text. I think anyone in Alex's shoes would appreciate keeping the nonsense to a minimum so the topic at hand can be addressed as clearly as possible.

Thank you for taking part in the Festivus tradition!

:foryou:

On 10/31/2021 at 10:34 AM, mattn792 said:

@Golden Pete - Alex has made his feelings clear, time to bring this thing to a close and send the books back to him.

Just waiting for his PayPal echeck to clear as it is still pending (Paypal says echecks can take 5-7 business days). 

Once it does I or Alex H. will update you all here.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:31 AM, AlexH said:

OK, I am going to say the following:

I have returned all money Peter has sent me. He tried 6 times within 24 hours to send me $828 (of the $927 he originally owed me), and I have returned it each time. He also sent $1650, which I returned as well. The original claim he made with PayPal of $927 was also refunded. I just want my books back. He has accused me of sending him books with mold on them and books with bugs on them, he has criticized my storage system, and he has criticized how I send books.

He also disappeared for 4 and a half months, and while I'm sure he had his reasons for that, he suddenly showed up after 4 and a half months AWOL and filed a claim with PayPal. 

At this point, my trust in this transaction is gone. No amount of money can make this better. 

I will provide him with my return address. I will ask that he send me a parcel tracking number within 72 hours, and once I have received the books, I will be able to examine them and address the issues here. I will even pay for returned shipping. 

I'm not going to respond to all other comments, as this has stressed me out beyond belief. I only want my books back. Thank you,

Alex

As soon as your echeck clears from PayPal I will send back the slabs no problems. Paypal has told me 5-7 business days for checks to clear.

it is still showing pending on my end:

Pending

AH

Alex Hunter
+ $927.00 

Oct 28Refund

Paypal has advised to wait until the echeck clears.

For the record, I have already squashed the mold issue as they are mostly just white marks/scuffs/scratches to the inner well (I have touched on this in length in these threads). 

The only real mold issue is what I believe now an old insect growth on the Captain Carrot as evidenced by the small white spindly stuff to the left side. The bug exoskeletons in the Captain carrot case is just that bugs. I have removed majority of the other bugs that were in these open cgc plastic bags except the small amount that still exist in X-Men #159 (as previously shown here on either page 13 or 14 of this thread).

And remember you have accused me of receiving a slab I never received or ordered from you. My name has been dragged through the mud here. We have both been very stressed out by this situation and I'm happy we both can see this is coming to an end.

When the slabs are packed and sent I will send you images of the slabs and probably post it here as well ; so you and everyone knows there will be no funny business on my end here.

Edited by Golden Pete

I'm 10000% confident that @AlexH echeck payment will go through so I'm starting to pack up his slabs and I will document it and send him the images and videos of everything to his pm ; so he knows everything is on the up & up on my end.

Once, I send it out I will update you all here.

On 10/31/2021 at 10:31 AM, AlexH said:

He tried 6 times within 24 hours to send me $828 (of the $927 he originally owed me), and I have returned it each time. He also sent $1650, which I returned as well.  

Jeez this situation you had to go through sounds pretty stressful.  You'd think the buyer would get the message that you weren't going to do any business with him after you returned his money the first or even the second time, but he tried seven time and still couldn't get it. :facepalm:

I really hope you get your money back soon.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:09 PM, 50 Fiddy said:

Jeez this situation you had to go through sounds pretty stressful.  You'd think the buyer would get the message that you weren't going to do any business with him after you returned his money the first or even the second time, but he tried seven time and still couldn't get it. :facepalm:

I really hope you get your money back soon.

doh!

You mean you hope he gets his slabs back soon and you I hope I get the money (echeck) soon which has yet to clear.

On 10/31/2021 at 5:36 PM, Golden Pete said:

doh!

You mean you hope he gets his slabs back soon and you I hope I get the money (echeck) soon which has yet to clear.

Yeah, thanks for the correction.  I hope he gets his books back soon.  I wouldn't want to have to deal with what he had to go through.