• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nominating Golden Pete for Probation list
6 6

343 posts in this topic

On 10/29/2021 at 12:43 PM, AlexH said:

Hello folks, I have refunded the full amount for the books through the Paypal claim that was opened against me. I don't wish to have any unhappy customers. I will await the return of the books before I comment any further. Thank you for understanding. 

Thanks for keeping us updated.

On 10/29/2021 at 10:19 AM, Bird said:

Thanks for keeping us updated.

Alex H,

You're a stand up guy! And in return to do one last save to show you I'm a stand up guy too (or I try to be to correct a wrong I made) and very sorry for not communicating with you. I just sent you one lump sum of $1650 for everything (the total was $1646 for both the first order and the second order) via PayPal keep the extra $4 for your troubles and forget about the bugs in the slab and the crack to web of Spiderman in the first order.

Now if you don't want to do this and send out the remaining comics you still have (the six slabs from first order and the entire second order (minus the web of Spiderman I already have) which I think you don't want to do then just refund me back the $1650, and you Never have to talk to me again, but I felt this was the right thing to do to truly show you my good faith. And, I told everyone on here that I would pay so if you still want to start a clean slate... here it is.

If not just return it back via PayPal and I'm sorry for being a noob and I will send you back the comics I have from your initial $927 refund earlier today.

I also pm'd you so looking forward to your response.

pplogo-circletop-sm.png  

PayPal  

header-sidebar-left-top.jpg
header-left-corner.jpg header-left.jpg header-center-circle.jpg header-right.jpg header-right-corner.jpg
header-sidebar-right-top.jpg
header-sidebar-left-bottom.jpg
sidebar-gradient.png
You sent $1,650.00 USD to Alex Hunter

Transaction Details
Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 12:40 PM, Golden Pete said:

Alex H,

You're a stand up guy! And in return to do one last save to show you I'm a stand up guy too (or I try to be to correct a wrong I made) and very sorry for not communicating with you. I just sent you one lump sum of $1650 for everything (the total was $1646 for both the first order and the second order) via PayPal keep the extra $4 for your troubles and forget about the bugs in the slab and the crack to web of Spiderman in the first order.

Now if you don't want to do this and send out the remaining comics you still have (the six slabs from first order and the entire second order (minus the web of Spiderman I already have) which I think you don't want to do then just refund me back the $1650, and you Never have to talk to me again, but I felt this was the right thing to do to truly show you my good faith. And, I told everyone on here that I would pay so if you still want to start a clean slate... here it is.

If not just return it back via PayPal and I'm sorry for being a noob and I will send you back the comics I have from your initial $927 refund earlier today.

I also pm'd you so looking forward to your response.

pplogo-circletop-sm.png  

PayPal  

header-sidebar-left-top.jpg
header-left-corner.jpg header-left.jpg header-center-circle.jpg header-right.jpg header-right-corner.jpg
header-sidebar-right-top.jpg
header-sidebar-left-bottom.jpg
sidebar-gradient.png
You sent $1,650.00 USD to Alex Hunter

Transaction Details

I like this. I consider this a true attempt to make things right. (thumbsu It acknowledges fault for taking too long to communicate and acknowledges that it would be unreasonable to ask for partial refunds at this late date. This offer changes my view of you as a buyer.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:00 PM, Golden Pete said:

It?:download:

I suppose that was a thoughtful thing to do, but considering @AlexHpost above, I think he’d prefer to be done with the situation and refunded the first purchase.  So, why on Earth would you send him the amount for both purchases?  Did he not make it clear to you privately that he wishes to be done with this?  Doesn’t make any sense to me man.

On 10/29/2021 at 2:59 PM, DocHoppus182 said:

I suppose that was a thoughtful thing to do, but considering @AlexHpost above, I think he’d prefer to be done with the situation and refunded the first purchase.  So, why on Earth would you send him the amount for both purchases?  Did he not make it clear to you privately that he wishes to be done with this?  Doesn’t make any sense to me man.

This whole thread is confusing...my friend.  Other members here have mentioned just to pay up. So after chatting with Domo and some others on here last night; I just wanted to put it out there as I don't want to people to think I'm a dead beat buyer. What doesn't make sense? If you know you screwed up then you should do everything you can to make it right ; so I'm trying to do everything I can and since he made a huge step in the right direction; I figured now is the time to put it all out there. 

So this is what happened:

Alex in the morning bypassed the open PayPal case and sent me $927 back (first order payment) which subsequently closed that case .

I called PayPal and just so you know as far as their concerned since he refunded me before any agreement of a return could be consummated through the official claim I could just keep the $927 and not send back anything. However that is not right! I should make every effort to pay for anything I can and so I did.

No, he did not make it clear to me privately what he wanted to be done at that point as the last and only message I received from him since I showed back up on here said he was fine with working things out. So I sent him the entire $1650 (more than what I ordered) to show everyone on here that I would do exactly what some other members suggested in the thread here; so I sent it. Along with this payment I also pm'd him. To see if he wanted to start out on a clean slate.

I also mentioned here above and in that pm to him; that I'm sorry about the communication failure, and that I will eat the costs of reslabbing any of the slabs that I had issues with like the bugs, cracks, marks/scuffs/scratches.

He refunded that amount back $1650 (927 first order + 719 second order + 4 extra bucks to make it a more square number = 1650).

So I figure I should just take the responsibility and step up and pay for the exact slabs that he mentioned I have in my possession (see page 1 of this thread and here is what he sent in his own words; "To counter the price difference (paid vs. sent), I sent him a book that he purchased but not paid for yet: Web of Spiderman #1 9.4 $175. So if you go back up to the top and add all the sent books (in red) you will see the total of those books was $808. One more thing (I hope you are still with me). The 15th book I thought I sent him was supposed to be the Marvel Age 107 Clive Barker for $95.00").

I sent him that amount of $808+20ship=828 (that first order he was still holding 6 slabs that I paid for that I don't have so the books that I have = $828) for exactly what I have and said basically same as above lets squash this so we can just go our separate ways and not mess with any more of this transaction issues and woes and just end it now, so here is the money for the slabs that I have and that's is that. Which means I just deal with the damages that are on some of the slabs and I suck it up, apologize to him, and pay for what he sent me. And I learn from this experience and drive on.

The PayPal case is closed. Alex, has the money for what I slabs I have. No other issues exist on my end as I'm over all of this and I'm sure he is ; so I stepped up; apologized and paid up.

And that is where we currently stand.

Tell me what else I can do? :foryou:

As far as I'm concerned this case is done and I'm fine with the slabs that I have and whatever damage is on the slabs and I appreciate everyone on here in this forum. 

On 10/29/2021 at 6:33 PM, Golden Pete said:

Tell me what else I can do? :foryou:

After he sent the $1650 back today (this refund was today?), you should send the slabs back to him and call it a day. Continuing to pay money to someone who continues to refund you appears passive aggressive to me. Send the slabs back (on your dime) and move on. No this, that, or the other. Slabs go back, money comes back (again), but you should not wait for it as you sent it unasked, he'll refund you but send those slabs back and then we all move on...and the bugs stay dead.

On 10/29/2021 at 3:43 PM, Bird said:

After he sent the $1650 back today (this refund was today?), you should send the slabs back to him and call it a day. Continuing to pay money to someone who continues to refund you appears passive aggressive to me. Send the slabs back (on your dime) and move on. No this, that, or the other. Slabs go back, money comes back (again), but you should not wait for it as you sent it unasked, he'll refund you but send those slabs back and then we all move on...and the bugs stay dead.

Please see the rest of the thread above.

I have done everything I said I would do in these very long threads. 

He has the money for the slabs that I currently have; PayPal case is closed. I'm done.

Edited by Golden Pete

On 10/29/2021 at 6:47 PM, Golden Pete said:

Please see the rest of the thread above.

I have done everything I said I would do in these very long threads. 

He has the money for the slabs that I currently have; PayPal case is closed. I'm done.

I have been following the thread since it started and since you came back.

465542-eyeofagamotto01.jpg

so @AlexH, is this case closed and is he off the probation list or no?

Edited by Bird

Bird, If you want to voice chat lmk. Otherwise, I'm done with this. I paid him for the slabs I have.  I have apologize. I paid for the second order as some have suggested here. I have followed most member suggestions here...I apologize again and again and I sincerely mean it as far as my communication woes. And the PayPal case is closed. I have paid the price publically here; I didn't run and I answered most if not everyones replies here and I learned from this. 

And if Alex wants to file claim through  canada post for a not delivered item in June 1st that was delivered; so he can get some more money or whatever; that's on him and more kudos to him!

I no longer have any issues here. I 'm ok with the slabs. I'm ok with being accused of taking a slab I didn't receive. Everything is fine and thanks to the chat forum here; everyone has helped me move on, thank you!

Bugs in books would cause me to set fire to the books. 

Like, how do you even submit them for reholdering?  You could be responsible for an infestation at the CGC facility while they sit and brew in waiting once "received."

Seriously... What the hell ? Where did the bugs come from?