• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This should arrive any day now!

206 posts in this topic

One thing I've missed in this discussion: Did the seller use Delivery Confirmation? If he didn't and you paid through Paypal, can't you just request a charge-back from Paypal? I was under the impression that if a seller didn't have DC info on a package that they were basically defenseless if a buyer requested a refund. At least that's why I've always made sure to use and keep records of DC once I started taking Paypal for auctions.

What I would do is contact the seller and request a refund. If they won't do it, let them know that you will take it up directly with Paypal. Get your money back and then if the package does eventually arrive (let's say it just got tied up by the PO and it's another month before it appears), re-instate payment to the seller. Also let the seller know that if it winds up back in their hands (let's say the package was mis-addressed or something), that you would be happy to re-purchase from them at the same price. The worst end result of this will be a neg on your ebay FB; but you will either end up with your book or your $$$. If you approach the seller in a business-like manner, I can't imagine that it would be a problem- unless of course there is already a scam transpiring.

Someone please correct me if my assumption about the Paypal/DC situation is wrong. I actually curious about this.

-----------

Let me first stress that the book is far more important than the money since I need it and one other book to complete a run. I have no doubt that I would get my money back if the book never shows up. I'm sure the seller doesn't intend to take my money. I'm concerned that the book is either lost or very, very late. I once had a book bought out from under me after I had won an auction by a zeolous collector. I'm not saying this is what happened though. I paid about twice what the book is worth. It's a nothing book other than the fact that I need it to fill in my run until I can find a higher grade copy. I'm also bothered by the fact that I paid 6.99 for shipping and it was shipped media mail. The seller hasn't responded to my email asking if he insured it or used DC. So I'll keep this post up until the book arrives or the situation is resolved.

The_Black_Hand

I was just discussing this scenario with someone last night when it came to pass today. I opened my PO Box today to find a yellow card signifying a package. I waited in a line with three people in front of me, my stomach all a flutter. The line moved quickly enough and when it was my turn I handed the card to the clerk and he went to retrieve my package. Everything then began moving in slow motion. My heart sunk when I saw him return with a thick priority mailer with a heritage return address on it and inside the new Heritage Vintage Movie poster Catalog. Fooey!

What began as mild concern a week after the auction ended beacuase I thought my book was being shipped prioroty or first class and was a bit late and has moved through anger and frustration when I was told it was shipped media mail even though I paid 6.99 to ship a hundred dollar book and then on to all types of imaginings of late shipments, lost books or books delivered to the wrong address to the book being bought out from under me to just flat out depression over the matter.I hate this !

Should I file a dispute with ebay before I file one with Paypal? The seller hasn't answered any emails asking for the delivery confirmatin number. What should my next step be?

Should I file a dispute with ebay before I file one with Paypal? The seller hasn't answered any emails asking for the delivery confirmatin number. What should my next step be?

PayPal first. Like I said, if the seller doesn't respond in 10 days the charges are automatically reversed.

I just went through a similar experience. I bought a reprint of a reprint of All Star #57. After about 10 days, I sent the seller emails with no response. So I filed a dispute through PayPal on the 13th. Still no word from the seller and no package.

So yesterday morning was the 10th day, PayPal issued an automatic refund.

And, of course, the package finally arrived yesterday afternoon. foreheadslap.gif So now I'll have to resend them the $9.

I can certainly understand that the book is more important than the money for you; but that doesn't mean that you need to suffer the self-imposed punishment of having neither.

Contact the seller again and let them know that you are going to request a refund from Paypal. If the book does show up (eventually), simply resend payment. If it doesn't, at least you have some $$$ back to put into the next must-have item you come across. Seems like it might be time to cut your losses and move on from there.

Well I sent anther email to the seller this morning and an hour later I got a pending Paypal refund with assurances that they will look in to what happened. Man I'd sure like to know who has that book. This has left a bad taste in my mouth. I hope that book didn't end up in someone else's hands or destroyed. I want that book! The refund means squat! This has become a very personal issue for me. Anyone who has every bought anything from me knows my stance on service and rapid shipment. This sucks!

In further emails with the seller I've been told that he remembers packing and addressing the book but someone else may have shipped it and done the DC slips and that they may be mixed up and done for different books, meaning he doesn't have a DC slip. Why do I think someone else has my book?

take the money back. don't have a heart attack over this!

reminds me of a guy early in ebay, 1999 or so, I sold a record to. he sent me a check and while i was waiting for it to clear I listed another copy of the same record. I had like 10 of them (don't ask why) i'm not really active on ebay then so 2 days go by and I haven't checked my earthlink e-mails (back then I often worked until 2 am and crashed when i got home and i could only access earthlink e-mails at home). but i check my voicemail only to hear a message from this guy freaking out thinking I robbed him for $7 or something like that and he had looked me up and found out where I worked and was going to report me to the bar association... jeez lois, yeah, i was making a nice six figure salary at a big manhattan law firm and I'm going to rob him out of his $7? anyway, i explained the deal and he wound up buying all of my other copies of the record.

well, actually, this has absolutely nothing to do with your situation, it's just a story i like to tell.

take the money back. don't have a heart attack over this!

reminds me of a guy early in ebay, 1999 or so, I sold a record to. he sent me a check and while i was waiting for it to clear I listed another copy of the same record. I had like 10 of them (don't ask why) i'm not really active on ebay then so 2 days go by and I haven't checked my earthlink e-mails (back then I often worked until 2 am and crashed when i got home and i could only access earthlink e-mails at home). but i check my voicemail only to hear a message from this guy freaking out thinking I robbed him for $7 or something like that and he had looked me up and found out where I worked and was going to report me to the bar association... jeez lois, yeah, i was making a nice six figure salary at a big manhattan law firm and I'm going to rob him out of his $7? anyway, i explained the deal and he wound up buying all of my other copies of the record.

well, actually, this has absolutely nothing to do with your situation, it's just a story i like to tell.

This is a bit different blob, this is one of two books I need to complete a run and it's the second copy I've ever seen other then the Mile High copy. It's very scarce but non key book that means nothing to anyone other then a Top Notch collector.I've been searching for years. The money is meaningless to me at this point, I want the book and it's been 4 weeks.

This is a bit different blob, this is one of two books I need to complete a run and it's the second copy I've ever seen other then the Mile High copy. It's very scarce but non key book

Please don't tell us it is a Buzzy 70!!! crazy.gif

Not quite a Buzzy 70 27_laughing.gif It also has a Black Hood story continued from Issue 30 that I've been dying to finish.

Not quite a Buzzy 70 27_laughing.gif It also has a Black Hood story continued from Issue 30 that I've been dying to finish.

Does Shield have this issue scanned or on his website? You could at least read the story in the meantime.