• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2023 at 10:55 PM, Nick Furious said:

@mycomicshop I've had good success the last couple weeks with 5% or greater price reductions resulting in sales.  I'm wondering if a change has gone into effect and want lists are now being notified of price reductions?  

I have not received such notifications I don't believe hm

On 4/26/2023 at 5:30 AM, Ryan. said:

My average time between received at MCS and being available for listing on the site is probably closer to 4 weeks. I've had stuff processed in a week but that's uncommon. 

Agreed.  Not only that, if you're putting up items for auction it may be even a few weeks further out before the earliest auction week is available to you.

For me if I'm selling a book straight up (not auction) then yes, about 2-3 weeks, from the time I ship to the time it is available for listing.

On 4/26/2023 at 1:35 PM, mycomicshop said:

It wasn't in place until just recently, but a version of this is now active. 5% price reductions should now, in many but not all cases, result in want list emails going to people who have that book on their want list.

Want list notices will not go out after your 5% price reduction in either of these cases:

- despite the price reduction, other copies of the same issue/grade are available and priced more cheaply

- the item is priced more than 20% above our internal estimate of market price for the item. This calculation isn't perfect, but I think it's better than not using a filter at all. For example I don't want somebody consigning an item that should sell for around $100, pricing it at $300, and then triggering multiple want list notices on each 5% step down from $300 even though the item is still way overpriced

That's great news!  It means we don't have to try to time our price drops for maximum exposure on the New In Stock list.  That was always a source of hesitation, trying to find a day and time when people might be looking at the list, but piles of new inventory weren't being uploaded to it.  Now we can change prices at our convenience and that information will be communicated to interested individuals.  Much appreciated.  

On 4/28/2023 at 2:48 PM, jjfversion1 said:

Kudos to Conan and the rest of the @mycomicshop team.

I mailed a batch of consignment books on 4/15/23, and almost all of them have been uploaded and are ready to list for auction/sale as of today. Less than a 2 week TAT :golfclap:

Raws or slabs?

How long after tracking shows my package delivered should I expect to wait until my shipment will show up as received on their site? Tracking showed my package delivered yesterday, and My Consignments still shows we have not yet received your shipment.

Edited by Doctor Dositheus

On 5/9/2023 at 11:37 AM, Doctor Dositheus said:

How long after tracking shows my package delivered should I expect to wait until my shipment will show up as received on their site? Tracking showed my package delivered yesterday, and My Consignments still shows we have not yet received your shipment.

Seems a bit silly replying to myself, but for anybody who was wondering, the current answer is two days.