• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 4/5/2023 at 2:47 PM, Black_Adam said:

I have dealt with Este many, many times over the years and she is awesome. However, I am heeding Conan's most recent request made in this very same thread:

"If you are emailing Este as an individual, I'd recommend instead using consign@mycomicshop.com, which is the group contact point for everything consignment related that is fielded by multiple people, including Este."

That's the difference, 99% of the time I call.  Especially when I see this after one of my consignments has been received ...

image.png.adfb27835b8fd1743660d3e92fa5ec80.png

If you do call, you will get Este or someone on her team.  :)

Just noticed that Gmail sends offers sent to me from MCS to my spam folder. Just missed a bunch of sales due to that. Ugh. Make sure you set up a not spam filter for their email if you're consigning.

Edited by Tnexus

On 4/16/2023 at 12:55 PM, Tnexus said:

Just noticed that Gmail sends offers sent to me from MCS to my spam folder. Just missed a bunch of sales due to that. Ugh. Make sure you set up a not spam filter for their email if you're consigning.

I've learned to clean out my spam folder every day.  Never know what'll end up there.

I just had an offer made on one of my MCS consignments that I accepted. Just noticed that it said it was through ebay's buy it now program. I don't know if this is the first one of my books to ever sell through ebay or if this notice is something new that MCS has added.

While it is great that it sold, now I'm a bit concerned due to the history of ebay's buyers.

4 days and counting.....:sick:

On 4/18/2023 at 4:13 PM, evilskip said:

I just had an offer made on one of my MCS consignments that I accepted. Just noticed that it said it was through ebay's buy it now program. I don't know if this is the first one of my books to ever sell through ebay or if this notice is something new that MCS has added.

While it is great that it sold, now I'm a bit concerned due to the history of ebay's buyers.

4 days and counting.....:sick:

mycomicshop cross sells on their website and ebay.  Not everyone on ebay knows it's cheaper on mycomicshop's site.  I'd hazzard a guess that a purchase directly on mycomicshop's site has a better chance of being paid for.  I have had a few buyers fail to pay and from my limited experience if they haven't paid within 24 hours the odds are low that they will pay.

On 4/18/2023 at 7:41 PM, thehumantorch said:

mycomicshop cross sells on their website and ebay.  Not everyone on ebay knows it's cheaper on mycomicshop's site.  I'd hazzard a guess that a purchase directly on mycomicshop's site has a better chance of being paid for.  I have had a few buyers fail to pay and from my limited experience if they haven't paid within 24 hours the odds are low that they will pay.

I rarely pay for my MCS purchases within 24 hours.  When I was regularly buying, I generally paid once every two weeks or so.  As a seller, I had an occasional no-sale but it was never excessive 

On 4/20/2023 at 10:27 AM, Ryan. said:

Just got notification of a non-paying bidder. I wasn't overly thrilled with the hammer price so hopefully this will work out better for me.

I'm wondering if I am getting a non also, for my auction from last week.  Still waiting.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:29 AM, StingerMcK said:

I'm wondering if I am getting a non also, for my auction from last week.  Still waiting.

I bet they pay Tuesday of next week, after the current weekly auction ends.

On 4/20/2023 at 11:29 AM, StingerMcK said:

Not an Adventure Comics 226 or World's Finest 72 by any chance? hm:shiftyeyes:

On 4/25/2023 at 9:55 PM, Nick Furious said:

@mycomicshop I've had good success the last couple weeks with 5% or greater price reductions resulting in sales.  I'm wondering if a change has gone into effect and want lists are now being notified of price reductions?  

To be honest every time I have had books listed with MCS and price them fairly they either sell within the first week or the rest do the following week if I do the 5%+ discount bump. Only a couple of times have I had to do a second reduction.  

(Which usually results in a bump on their ebay listings)

On 4/25/2023 at 10:03 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

To be honest every time I have had books listed with MCS and price them fairly they either sell within the first week or the rest do the following week if I do the 5%+ discount bump. Only a couple of times have I had to do a second reduction.  

(Which usually results in a bump on their ebay listings)

Question that might seem personal, what is the wait time like to ship and have them listed and sold? I'm sure it is case by case and maybe no real determination to be made. I like the idea for the selling securities, and yet it seems even being close to me like it is too time consuming. I'm not persuaded of the need quite yet, but sounds like a good service regardless. Just different reasons for every user I guesss?

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 4/25/2023 at 8:08 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Question that might seem personal, what is the wait time like to ship and have them listed and sold? I'm sure it is case by case and maybe no real determination to be made. I like the idea for the selling securities, and yet it seems even being close to me like it is too time consuming. I'm not persuaded of the need quite yet, but sounds like a good service regardless. Just different reasons for every user I guesss?

Never had it take more than 2 weeks.