• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 9/7/2021 at 2:18 PM, jimjum12 said:

I was told that drop off's need to be by appointment. It's a big operation... not just a couple guys sitting on bushel baskets waiting for something to happen. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, but this is @musicmeta we're talking about here. They will make time for him :preach:

Thank you for creating this topic.
Whilst this may sound morose, I've been trying to develop an easy afterlife plan for my family upon my passing.
Going to create an account / submit some books just to ensure an account is ready and waiting when the time comes.
(no, not sick...just a plan to make sure they don't get ripped off)

On 9/6/2021 at 9:33 PM, thehumantorch said:

Questions?

Thank you for sharing. Have a collection of Silver Age Comic. around 600. "I" graded them all, sent 20 to CGC to be graded to compare to my estimate. I've been very conservative in my grading compared to CGC so that made me happy. MCS is one place I have been looking at. Your experiences are good and they seem to be above board. Thanks Gary

On 9/6/2021 at 10:17 PM, thehumantorch said:

I'm shipping from Canada so it's not cheap and it's not quick.  I think it was about $50 for the box of 17 books and it took more than a week to get there.  Once they arrived it took about a week to get them imaged.

I had two shipments arrive at mcs in the last few days, and between checking to see if they have them entered and checking cgc to see if my 2 value/economy/whatever-it-is-called-now orders are at grading my F5 is burning up!

On 10/31/2021 at 6:23 PM, jimjum12 said:

My first of 3 consignment lots was imaged and entered to inventory 2 days ago. This was about half the wait time they had told me to expect. I priced them at what I thought were good prices based on GPA and 2/3rds of the group sold within 24 hours. MCS :golfclap: GOD BLESS...

What type of books did you send jim?

On 10/31/2021 at 8:26 PM, thehumantorch said:

What type of books did you send jim?

... Thanks, by the way. This thread helped me make up my mind. GOD BLESS...

mcs has my consignment, so I can price my stuff soon! w00t w00t! They sent 2 slabs to cgc for faulty inner wells, surprise surprise. I sent something like a dozen slabs, 8 raws and 7 pieces of OA.

ugh: edited to add it says my original art pieces have been canceled. So who knows what is going on? Not me. hurm. Email into mcs. hurm. :facepalm:

Edited by Bird

very aggravated to have sent my art across the country and now have it listed as canceled with no notice and no idea if it got damaged or what the reasoning is. I hate complaining online but why wasn't I immediately notified if they had time to list them as canceled into the database? :pullhair:

hulk smash

Contact Este if it is a consignment. If she doesn't know the answer, she'll get back to you. 

she's really good in that regard.  I haven't had that come up so I can't offer any advice. Hopefully it works out.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:07 PM, shadroch said:

Contact Este if it is a consignment. If she doesn't know the answer, she'll get back to you. 

she's really good in that regard.  I haven't had that come up so I can't offer any advice. Hopefully it works out.

Thanks for the advice. But honestly, I don't know Este or how to contact her; Okay, she is on my consignment acceptance so I emailed her too. I have 2 emails in already to support as suggested on the phone and consignment as directed on website. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to have my day ruined I guess. I hate being Johnny Drama, but it has ruined my mood and night. I don't even have the good humor to bust out a "go fist yourself" as I only do that in jest and am actually .quite aggravated. I do know that I pack pretty well and have a very sturdy piece of pressed wood in there as support so I doubt it is a question of being damaged. In any event, I am supremely dissatisfied with communication; why not dash off a quick email or note on my consignment page along with a canceled notation? I don't throw a fit often but one is brewing; I will try to Zen it out but it is even money right now.

First impressions and all that. I don't need the cash but this thread go me thinking why not try them out and was excited to price my items and see how things go but my enthusiasm is dead now. Why are things full of hassle? At college (Rutgers) it was called the RU Screw!!!

Edited by Bird
see, I can't even post correctly anymore.

On 11/3/2021 at 9:38 PM, Bird said:

Thanks for the advice. But honestly, I don't know Este or how to contact her; Okay, she is on my consignment acceptance so I emailed her too. I have 2 emails in already to support as suggested on the phone and consignment as directed on website. So I'll have to wait until tomorrow to have my day ruined I guess. I hate being Johnny Drama, but it has ruined my mood and night. I don't even have the good humor to bust out a "go fist yourself" as I only do that in jest and am actually .quite aggravated. I do know that I pack pretty well and have a very sturdy piece of pressed wood in there as support so I doubt it is a question of being damaged. In any event, I am supremely dissatisfied with communication; why not dash off a quick email or note on my consignment page along with a canceled notation? I don't throw a fit often but one is brewing; I will try to Zen it out but it is even money right now.

First impressions and all that. I don't need the cash but this thread go me thinking why not try them out and was excited to price my items and see how things go but my enthusiasm is dead now. Why are things full of hassle? At college (Rutgers) it was called the RU Screw!!!

Curious. I wonder what happened. 

@mycomicshop

They apologized, all good I guess;  there will be no need for the :go fist yourself: emoji.

I knew it wasn't due to damage, I can pack!!! Shipping the slabs worried me, but not the art; flat and strong. 

Edited by Bird

On 11/4/2021 at 10:10 AM, Bird said:

They apologized, all good I guess;  there will be no need for the :go fist yourself: emoji.

I knew it wasn't due to damage, I can pack!!! Shipping the slabs worried me, but not the art; flat and strong. 

Well glad there was no damage at least (thumbsu I forget why you thought there might have been, but I'm guessing the reason for not listing them for you was solid :tink: or fixable?

On 11/4/2021 at 11:18 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

Well glad there was no damage at least (thumbsu I forget why you thought there might have been, but I'm guessing the reason for not listing them for you was solid :tink: or fixable?

Damage just was the nightmare scenario, I couldn't think why else would it be cancelled? But turns out it was just disorganization/human error, so yes it was fixable. Not fist-able.

On 11/4/2021 at 9:22 AM, Bird said:

Damage just was the nightmare scenario, I couldn't think why else would it be cancelled? But turns out it was just disorganization/human error, so yes it was fixable. Not fist-able.

Glad it worked out.  So the art is now listed for sale?