• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

My second is "completed" but not yet open for me to price. A check that resulted from the first group is already on the way. I submitted the group for approval on OCT. 4th and they received it on OCT. 20th. I'm optimistic so far with these guys. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

despite my moaning, I got an answer back pretty quickly in the am so that was good. Some of my status was changed today too (it now says we got your shipment, it said otherwise earlier even though the items were listed below it as received; still says canceled on my art but I understand that now to be a mistake).

On 11/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, Bird said:

despite my moaning, I got an answer back pretty quickly in the am so that was good. Some of my status was changed today too (it now says we got your shipment, it said otherwise earlier even though the items were listed below it as received; still says canceled on my art but I understand that now to be a mistake).

Did you split a single transaction into two or more boxes? That seems to cause occasional delay and confusion.

d

On 11/4/2021 at 9:41 PM, shadroch said:

Did you split a single transaction into two or more boxes? That seems to cause occasional delay and confusion.

d

why yes I did.

Only 14 of my 18 comics are in the system, so I have another email in to them. I did price 8 items tonight, so they are now officially consigned and for sale! w00t w00t!

While looking at the new listings I see someone sold a carnage Spider-man issue in 20 minutes! 

On 11/10/2021 at 7:35 PM, Bird said:

why yes I did.

Only 14 of my 18 comics are in the system, so I have another email in to them. I did price 8 items tonight, so they are now officially consigned and for sale! w00t w00t!

While looking at the new listings I see someone sold a carnage Spider-man issue in 20 minutes! 

It's no secret that books priced reasonably sell almost immediately considering how good their customer want list functionality is and how accessible their new listing page is.

They move massive volumes so while it's not one stop shopping, it's definitely a better alternative then anywhere else, at least for raw books, imo.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:55 AM, rsouxlja7 said:

Can you list something for sale through MCS and then ship it to MCS only if it sells or does it need to be in their possession before it gets listed? 

In their possession.  They have to grade the books themselves.

Thank you to all that have posted their experiences with MCS here. I decided it was worth trying and have sent 34 CGC graded books to them. The FedEx tracking says they should arrive today by end of business.  :wishluck: I will update here with my experience as well. 

20211108_191037.thumb.jpg.dc284aea78bbbf9248c512584c5826cb.jpg20211108_120043.thumb.jpg.7e506a2840334449d501f6d32ab304f0.jpg20211108_191128.thumb.jpg.8d39cd564392161656a06efe990efd8b.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 12:20 PM, The Meta said:

I'm all over that Little Mermaid

The cover is the artwork for the movie poster (that was removed by Disney for phallic imagery) it was originally drawn by Bill Morrison.  I had it signed by him through the in house signing.  scan0188.jpg.a9ddd1c812fd76e4e029214864fcde8e.thumb.jpg.ae17923d30a242662025c914884c382a.jpg

On 11/11/2021 at 11:54 AM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

The cover is the artwork for the movie poster (that was removed by Disney for phallic imagery) it was originally drawn by Bill Morrison.  I had it signed by him through the in house signing.  scan0188.jpg.a9ddd1c812fd76e4e029214864fcde8e.thumb.jpg.ae17923d30a242662025c914884c382a.jpg

Had me at phallic :x

I have a delivery that was received at MCS' address a couple of days ago but still hasn't been entered into their system. That's abnormal for them as they usually get entries in within a few hours of delivery. 

On 11/12/2021 at 8:24 AM, jimjum12 said:

I'm not their voice, but I believe they pick up their parcels each day.... I had a lapse once that covered a weekend so it may be timing. They've been pretty efficient with me, it's been 5 weeks since my first contact with them and I'm already on my second check. I had books that I listed multiple times on the boards that sold as fast as 24 hours later with them. I just check my consignment link each day and see if anything has happened. Any questions have been answered by Este quickly and politely ... she's never made me feel like a bother... like some reps can. GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Yeah, I'm not particularly worried, especially since yesterday was holiday. I email Este so often that she probably expects a weekly email from me now.

On 11/12/2021 at 10:05 AM, shadroch said:

If a few more members start consigning to them, maybe the boards will rate their own liason. 

I made sure to put in my initial communication that I decided to consign based on this thread.

I got my first offer, books went up two days ago I think. I may take it.

It does seem a bit disorganized...I still do not have all my items listed on my consignment page. I emailed yesterday and the first thing they said was "check your consignments page" but then said the 4 comics I inquired about are in the queue. Even though my page does not have them listed as being anywhere; I do have 4 OTHER books listed as being in the queue but no mention of these other 4 anywhere other than the list of items sent/received.

But I am looking at a few raws now to send them, so I must not be too put off!