• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Our Recent Experience Selling Comics Through Mycomicshop
23 23

1,141 posts in this topic

On 9/6/2021 at 9:30 PM, thehumantorch said:

Once mycomicshop receives the books and scans them and grades the raws you can set Bin prices or move them into an auction.

@mycomicshop I have a question about the above...if I am consigning, when I am entering my comics do I just ignore the "credit" and "cash" columns in "my comic books: summary of items I have recorded" since we will set prices once you have the items graded? I am entering items to consign but stopped as this was unclear to me.

On 10/2/2021 at 2:56 AM, waver99 said:

Just curious. What does mycomicshop do when a sale like this go through? I suppose some error in the listing?

GSX1 7.0

Sold for $670.

A copy sold on September 26th for $4,900 and one sold at the end of May for $6,188. :boo:

On 10/2/2021 at 3:33 PM, Bird said:

@mycomicshop I have a question about the above...if I am consigning, when I am entering my comics do I just ignore the "credit" and "cash" columns in "my comic books: summary of items I have recorded" since we will set prices once you have the items graded? I am entering items to consign but stopped as this was unclear to me.

You ignore those completely. Irrelevant for items you intend to consign. 

On 10/5/2021 at 5:27 PM, jimjum12 said:

Both of my first two consignment invoices were approved within 24 hours. I like the idea of being able to utilize eBay without the risks that have arisen there in recent years. I was talking to the Postal Clerk about this and he said he may try them out. The taking care of packing, shipping, and insuring ... and then the handling of sales tax collection for 50 different States ... worth it's weight in gold. Collection of Sales Tax for 50 States was going to be the final straw for me... I was through after this year... maybe not now. MCS is my hero :x GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

... they even accepted my Friend request on Facebook. :whee:

I agree with almost everything you said. Only point is that you still have to "take care of packing, shipping, and insuring" even when sending to MCS, so really no benefit there. The other advantages....completely agree.

On 10/5/2021 at 8:46 PM, Motor City Rob said:

I agree with almost everything you said. Only point is that you still have to "take care of packing, shipping, and insuring" even when sending to MCS, so really no benefit there. The other advantages....completely agree.

Depending how many books he sent.....

On 10/5/2021 at 5:46 PM, Motor City Rob said:

That is true f you want to send your books in one at a time. If you list fifty books on eBay, you are going to pack, ship and insure each of them, mostly individually. Let MCS handle it for you and you only have to do it once.

Now, if you are the type who makes a profit off of shipping, you will lose out on using MCs, but for the rest of you, MCS makes it easier to sell. 

On 10/6/2021 at 10:08 AM, shadroch said:

That is true f you want to send your books in one at a time. If you list fifty books on eBay, you are going to pack, ship and insure each of them, mostly individually. Let MCS handle it for you and you only have to do it once.

Now, if you are the type who makes a profit off of shipping, you will lose out on using MCs, but for the rest of you, MCS makes it easier to sell. 

Agreed.

On 10/8/2021 at 11:07 AM, mycomicshop said:

We've done that a few times but not regularly. I'd be interested in doing more of that.

If you happen to do it at Baltimore this year, I'd have a good stack of books for you. Both in quality and quantity. Just sayin'.