• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Screwed by eBay, need new suggestions on where to sell comics
1 1

48 posts in this topic

I have hundreds of comics that I am trying to unload.  Just sold a few on eBay and one buyer claimed I sent an empty box. So, I lost the claim with eBay and the buyer now has his money ($450) and my comic book.  I'm done with eBay.  Any suggestions on where to sell some stuff.  I'm mostly trying to unload comics from the 1950's - 1990s.  

If you still have the receipt of the parcel you sent...

Surely you could show the weight Of it, which would prove it's not an empty box.

Weird that they would be so bold face, and add the seller to the block ebay buyer list thread (thumbsu

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 9/28/2021 at 12:28 PM, ADAMANTIUM said:

If you still have the receipt of the parcel you sent...

Surely you could show the weight Of it, which would prove it's not an empty box.

Not really - if I generate a shipping label at home, it asks me what the weight of the package is, and that's what shows up on the receipt.

On 9/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, intlnews said:

I have hundreds of comics that I am trying to unload.  Just sold a few on eBay and one buyer claimed I sent an empty box. So, I lost the claim with eBay and the buyer now has his money ($450) and my comic book.  I'm done with eBay.  Any suggestions on where to sell some stuff.  I'm mostly trying to unload comics from the 1950's - 1990s.  

Do you have the buyers ID so we can block him?

On 9/28/2021 at 9:23 AM, intlnews said:

You can sell here:

https://myslabs.com/

On 9/28/2021 at 10:17 AM, ttfitz said:

Not really - if I generate a shipping label at home, it asks me what the weight of the package is, and that's what shows up on the receipt.

That is why I takes pictures of the comic being sold and it being put it into the shipping box in case this happens.  And I take it to USPS for them to weigh it and get an actual receipt from USPS for proof.

I fought off with few scammers in past.  I had to report with my local police. It worked well. I always ask for the receipts after scanning the tracking numbers.  US Postal workers checked the weight.  Sadly, eBay CANNOT see anything between the sellers and buyers. 

On 9/28/2021 at 4:49 PM, JollyComics said:

I fought off with few scammers in past.  I had to report with my local police. It worked well. I always ask for the receipts after scanning the tracking numbers.  US Postal workers checked the weight.  Sadly, eBay CANNOT see anything between the sellers and buyers. 

Ebay doesn't care.  

On 9/28/2021 at 12:17 PM, ttfitz said:

Right, but if you drop them off at the post office, they scan and weigh them and the receipt will have their scale weight on it. I always take them in so they have to scan them in on the spot. 

On 9/28/2021 at 8:20 PM, Conacon said:

Right, but if you drop them off at the post office, they scan and weigh them and the receipt will have their scale weight on it. I always take them in so they have to scan them in on the spot. 

I do as well, still that's a pretty awful buyer,  @intlnews we're giving feedback. I hope you check back in :tink:

On 9/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, intlnews said:

Did you insure the package? Should be able to get your money back.

On 9/28/2021 at 12:23 PM, intlnews said:

I'd contact the postal inspectors. I've had it happen a few times.