• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Post your GGA!
14 14

801 posts in this topic

On 11/18/2022 at 6:27 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:
On 11/18/2022 at 6:26 PM, MrBedrock said:

Yes! Yes, I do!

Do they have to be really flat pieces, or can there be some cracks or indentations in them?

The crackier the better!

On 11/18/2022 at 3:29 PM, GreatCaesarsGhost said:

Oh I don’t know. When I know he’s going to turn around and price it at double guide minimum, maybe a Guide offer would at least be a good start. Maybe  a Guide offer would at least NOT say to me loud and clear “I think you’re a insufficiently_thoughtful_person”.  

it wasn’t like I was standing there with my hat in my hand. Out of sheer boredom, more than anything else, I was willing to discuss  a cash trade on a book he had priced at Guide multiples. 

From one who is occasionally on the back side of the table, I would start by asking you what you would want for it? Remember, you approached me. You should know what would make you happy. I rarely, if ever make offers. Usually, no matter what I say, I am turned down no matter how fair my offer is. The seller is often “fishing” and my offer is just used on the next guy.

Now, this is, of course, way out of my wheel house and someone with books like this, will quickly look at my books and realize that. :roflmao:

Still, a guide offer especially below guide on this book is at best crazy…

On 11/18/2022 at 6:38 PM, Robot Man said:

From one who is occasionally on the back side of the table, I would start by asking you what you would want for it? Remember, you approached me. You should know what would make you happy. I rarely, if ever make offers. Usually, no matter what I say, I am turned down no matter how fair my offer is. The seller is often “fishing” and my offer is just used on the next guy.

I see the wisdom in your approach 

On 11/18/2022 at 6:29 PM, Tri-ColorBrian said:

Great!  I've also heard that you can flatten a book with a ball-peen hammer if you are careful.  Is that true?

I have flattened with my large peen.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:32 PM, bounty_coder said:

I’ve had my eye on this book for the better part of the year. Finally got a good opportunity at Collector Summit Dallas to snag it and get some partial trade towards it with MyComicShop. I’m in love 😍

My favorite in the Junior run. Feldstein’s sweater puppies at max volume. 🤩

48EBBAE8-85B1-4D0B-8C47-4AD9D0169523.thumb.jpeg.938ebb2807aab187c4bac9f20e34ca83.jpeg

Congrats! One of my favorites from that run as well. And, you rarely see them that nice!

On 11/21/2022 at 4:49 AM, flynavy807 said:

Single issue.

Gem_1.jpg

Love that one. I had a beautiful set of covers that I picked up in a collection. Figured that was it. Then one day Mr Bedrock posted a nice coverless here on the boards. I grabbed it so fast it would make your head spin. Figured I might be the only one in the world that needed it. 

On 11/21/2022 at 10:39 AM, Robot Man said:

Love that one. I had a beautiful set of covers that I picked up in a collection. Figured that was it. Then one day Mr Bedrock posted a nice coverless here on the boards. I grabbed it so fast it would make your head spin. Figured I might be the only one in the world that needed it. 

It's such an interesting book. Only 28 copies on the census, but two of them are 9.6s and two of them are 9.4s. So it's a scarce book that few people even seem to know of, but there are some nice high grades of it. I've always thought it was a super cool cover.