• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, namisgr said:

It was patently obvious to me that it was joking banter between two long-timers in the comic dealing biz.  It should also be patently obvious to moderation so long as the target of the barb isn't the one being offended or upset about the post.

Like I posted here many pages ago, comic book dealers are part of the lifeblood of our hobby and some of its most valuable and knowledgeable members.  It's also how they make their living.  They should be treated as professionals.

I think it's obvious to all of us and obvious to the mods who know us that it was joking banter.  I think it should also be obvious that moderation doesn't want anyone saying F...... to anyone, even in jest.  Matt Nelson wouldn't be offended by the masking but this is a public forum and other boardies might be offended.  Comic book dealers are important to the hobby but that shouldn't put them above the rules.  

On 11/11/2021 at 5:58 PM, oakman29 said:

I swear that there is some kind of quantum shift in this world. Not just these boards,  my office doesnt seem to care about customer service anymore. I find life changing,  and not for the better. Maybe I am just an old fart in a bizarro world. Or maybe I did die of Covid at the hospital,  and my soul doesnt realize I'm gone. Whatever it is just sucks. Everything,  and everyone seems different to me and I'm just not sure what to make of it.

Welcome to my every waking moment for as long as my memory allows me access 

On 11/11/2021 at 5:56 PM, thehumantorch said:

I think it's obvious to all of us and obvious to the mods who know us that it was joking banter.  I think it should also be obvious that moderation doesn't want anyone saying F...... to anyone, even in jest.  Matt Nelson wouldn't be offended by the masking but this is a public forum and other boardies might be offended.  Comic book dealers are important to the hobby but that shouldn't put them above the rules.  

I agree with everything but the offensive part.

I'm offended that people have no homes and starve to death, but I do what I can and get on with it.

As I see it, there was no struggle to control dialog or people's opinions. 

This is to be an 18+ board. 

No, swearing and vulgarity isn't "classy" but I'm not going to condemn it

On 11/11/2021 at 7:58 PM, oakman29 said:

I swear that there is some kind of quantum shift in this world. Not just these boards,  my office doesnt seem to care about customer service anymore. I find life changing,  and not for the better. Maybe I am just an old fart in a bizarro world. Or maybe I did die of Covid at the hospital,  and my soul doesnt realize I'm gone. Whatever it is just sucks. Everything,  and everyone seems different to me and I'm just not sure what to make of it.

It happened when I woke up one day and Barenstein bears became BareSTAIN bears.

On 11/11/2021 at 6:03 PM, Wolverinex said:

It happened when I woke up one day and Barenstein bears became BareSTAIN bears.

Dunno why, but I'm ecstatic I have no idea what this means

On 11/11/2021 at 7:04 PM, The Meta said:
On 11/11/2021 at 7:03 PM, Wolverinex said:

BareSTAIN bears.

Dunno why, but I'm ecstatic I have no idea what this means

I'm getting a real Supertroopers hillbilly humping a bear vibe.. 

On 11/11/2021 at 7:02 PM, The Meta said:

I agree with everything but the offensive part.

I'm offended that people have no homes and starve to death, but I do what I can and get on with it.

As I see it, there was no struggle to control dialog or people's opinions. 

This is to be an 18+ board. 

No, swearing and vulgarity isn't "classy" but I'm not going to condemn it

^^

Thank you. I'm sick of people getting bent outta shape over words when we have VETERANS who fought and bled for our freedom homeless and not getting the care and help they've earned.