• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 5:05 PM, MrBedrock said:

And while I am at it - Congrats to CGC Mike! It was an honor to be the lucky target of one of Mike's earliest moderation actions....

image.thumb.png.150f57b1ab0f1463fb61b14be3694bb4.png

How did you imagine that would play out ?

On 11/10/2021 at 4:17 PM, Buzzetta said:

How did you imagine that would play out ?

I figured you would quote it and ask a stupid question. :acclaim:

On 11/10/2021 at 6:08 PM, MrBedrock said:

Buzz, you have obviously got me backed into a corner. You are no doubt the smartest guy on the boards and further, you won't buy books from me. Oh dear, what can I ever do to appease you?

Definitely not the smartest guy in the room.  But you do not seem to want to answer even an honest question.   Also me not buying a book from you does nothing to your bottom line.  It's meaningless in the grand scheme of things and I have not pretended otherwise. 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:06 PM, MrBedrock said:

I figured you would quote it and ask a stupid question. :acclaim:

When you posted F-You Matt Nelson, how did you imagine it would work out for you? Did you think they would leave it assuming it was a sign of jocularity?  Did you consider that it would be assumed that you were lashing out due to previous disputes over moderation?

So... what did you think would be the outcome?   If you posted it and did not consider or did not care that is a viable answer as well and could very well be true. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:13 PM, Buzzetta said:

When you posted F-You Matt Nelson, how did you imagine it would work out for you? Did you think they would leave it assuming it was a sign of jocularity?  Did you consider that it would be assumed that you were lashing out due to previous disputes over moderation?

So... what did you think would be the outcome?   If you posted it and did not consider or did not care that is a viable answer as well and could very well be true. 

Because I am such a big shot the outcome was that Matt called me and we laughed about it.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:16 PM, MrBedrock said:

Because I am such a big shot the outcome was that Matt called me and we laughed about it.

Of course you did.  But that is not what I meant.

To those that moderate the forum what did you think would happen?  How would Mike know that or is he to assume that?   Let's take Mike was out of the picture and put anyone else in that spot.

What are they supposed to assume you meant given your past behavior over the last two months?

On 11/10/2021 at 5:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

To those that moderate the forum what did you think would happen?  How would Mike know that or is he to assume that?   Let's take Mike was out of the picture and put anyone else in that spot.

What are they supposed to assume you meant given your past behavior over the last two months?

Good questions. What is the correct answer? I just need a hint.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:23 PM, MrBedrock said:

Good questions. What is the correct answer? I just need a hint.

Don't know... I don't think you know the answer yourself to be honest.    But again, that's why I asked. 

On 11/10/2021 at 6:20 PM, Buzzetta said:

It was patently obvious to me that it was joking banter between two long-timers in the comic dealing biz.  It should also be patently obvious to moderation so long as the target of the barb isn't the one being offended or upset about the post.

Like I posted here many pages ago, comic book dealers are part of the lifeblood of our hobby and some of its most valuable and knowledgeable members.  It's also how they make their living.  They should be treated as professionals.

On 11/10/2021 at 3:32 PM, namisgr said:

It was patently obvious to me that it was joking banter between two long-timers in the comic dealing biz.  It should also be patently obvious to moderation so long as the target of the barb isn't the one being offended or upset about the post.

Like I posted here many pages ago, comic book dealers are part of the lifeblood of our hobby and some of its most valuable and knowledgeable members.  It's also how they make their living.  They should be treated as professionals.

Thats a big should be.  There's also to consider moderation allowing F U's on the boards, even among friends.  Not everyone knows who is who's friend.  I can see someone whining abt 'I got a strike for this and ppl can say F U?"  Then more calls to CGC-
You have to take a global view of things otherwise you can jump to conclusions and confirmation bias.

Edited by kav

On 11/10/2021 at 4:41 PM, kav said:

Thats a big should be.  There's also to consider moderation allowing F U's on the boards, even among friends.  Not everyone knows who is who's friend.  I can see someone whining abt 'I got a strike for this and ppl can say F U?"  Then more calls to CGC-

Kinda like how it's not moderation but other people 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:16 PM, MrBedrock said:

FWIW, Richard, I (and I'm sure many others) value having you on the boards and hope you'll continue to contribute.  (thumbsu

Personal request would be to see more golden age western photo covers (non-western would be appreciated also).  2c

On 11/10/2021 at 6:32 PM, namisgr said:

Wasn't obvious to everyone.

Here is how that scenario plays out for some.  Bedrock complained about CGC and about moderation.  Bedrock calls CGC to complain.  Bedrock sees the announcement from Matt Nelson announcing Mike as the lead on board moderation.  Bedrock says, "F You to Matt Nelson."

Right, because to everyone it is obvious that it is playful banter.  

On 11/10/2021 at 5:31 PM, Buzzetta said:

Don't know... I don't think you know the answer yourself to be honest.    But again, that's why I asked. 

:signfunny:

On 11/10/2021 at 3:48 PM, Buzzetta said:

Have at it then.  It is the night before Veterans Day and going to go and lift a glass with a few friends.  

Heavy glass?  

On 11/10/2021 at 3:52 PM, namisgr said:

I'd say that's both their problem and none of their business.

I dont think you can unilaterally declare what other people's business is.  If someone got a strike for something minor then saw an FU it would be their business.