• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 8:23 PM, CGC Mike said:

Matt Nelson will be so pleased with all the new posts in his thread.  :smile:

Sweet, I hope he takes more time out from grading books and improving TAT's to read through all the posts!!

Which, of course: HE DOES NOT HAVE TO DO. 😘

On 11/10/2021 at 8:28 PM, CGC Mike said:

Seriously, everyone is here because they like comic books.  Lets enjoy the hobby, and allow this thread to cool down for a while.  

Seriously, ALMOST everyone here likes getting their comic books graded accurately and in a reasonable timeframe. Let's allow the president of the company to cool down stop making inane posts about improvements to the boards and focus on improving the business..?

On 11/10/2021 at 8:31 PM, Fisionbomb said:

Seriously, ALMOST everyone here likes getting their comic books graded accurately and in a reasonable timeframe. Let's allow the president of the company to cool down stop making inane posts about improvements to the boards and focus on improving the business..?

Yep. The ol' "Pay No Attention To That Man Behind The Curtain" ploy. I would seriously love to never see another "My book was ruined at CGC" post. Or "Wow! 2 week TAT! Nice work, CGC!" Perhaps even, "Man! CGC has been grading really well, lately! Not too tight and not too loose! Kudos!"

On 11/10/2021 at 9:43 PM, MrBedrock said:

Thanks for the clarification Sharon. As for the video, it was pulled because somehow masks became political. I wasn't even in the video so no middle finger jacket.

I have never had a problem with you personally. I did have a problem with Dena because of her belligerent and condescending style. Maybe the pot kettle thing, but so be it. I did have a problem with your moderation. I did what I did. I won't apologize for it. I got the result I wanted, which simply was to make CGC aware that the moderation on these boards had become a negative PR situation for them. I realize that you don"t want to hear that, and probably don't agree with it. But here we are. So if you wish to rehash it, then by all means have at it. But I wouldn't change a thing.

I have I don't know how many points against me. And more than half came from my defending myself against another member or disagreeing with a moderator. I'm not so sure having paid Armband guys is the answer. Almost think it will make things worse.

What I want to see most of all - even though I have no intention to myself at this point - is to see submissions go to CGC, get graded well and in a timely fashion with no damages, and returned to the owners expeditiously. Perhaps even a line needs to be drawn. Someone sending in 600-800 modern books seems like it gums the works up. But that's the task at hand, I guess.

They say a company is best reflected in the faces of its employees. If these boards are any indication of morale, then CGC has some improving to do. Do I think they will improve? No. I don't. Lateral moves aren't improvement. It seems that a whole lot of members here are customers who feel like they are being dissed by CGC and they are in the unfortunate spot of also being CGC zealots.

Well, if CGC won't improve or can't improve, sooner or later there will be a grading company created who will be happy to fill that void.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:08 PM, Red84 said:

I would like to see the following issue fixed: I have an iPhone and the website logs me out everyday. When I click on log in it brings me back to the main CGC page where it says i'm logged in. I then have to log out and log in again. Then have to click on Chat Boards to finally get back to the boards website.

I still have to do that once in a while on a laptop or desktop. Still kinda buggy.

On 11/10/2021 at 9:14 PM, Randall Ries said:
On 11/10/2021 at 9:08 PM, Red84 said:

I would like to see the following issue fixed: I have an iPhone and the website logs me out everyday. When I click on log in it brings me back to the main CGC page where it says i'm logged in. I then have to log out and log in again. Then have to click on Chat Boards to finally get back to the boards website.

I still have to do that once in a while on a laptop or desktop. Still kinda buggy.

For me it is every day on my iPhone and iPad.

On 11/10/2021 at 10:21 PM, Wolverinex said:
On 11/10/2021 at 10:17 PM, Red84 said:

For me it is every day on my iPhone and iPad.

have you deleted your cookies?

Same thing happens to me, and it's often multiple times a day on my iPhone. Browsing history has also been cleared multiple times and no remedy. 

BitWarden autofill makes it a lot less painful than if I had to type my login info every time. However, it’s still very annoying. 

Edited by awakeintheashes

On 11/10/2021 at 10:28 PM, awakeintheashes said:

Same thing happens to me, and it's often multiple times a day on my iPhone. Browsing history has also been cleared multiple times and no remedy. 

BitWarden autofill makes it a lot less painful than if I had to type my login info every time. However, it’s still very annoying. 

Did you clear your cache?