• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

• Administrator
On 11/11/2021 at 12:55 AM, awakeintheashes said:

Both make sense, but it’s surprising, and frankly disappointing, that a company like CGC wouldn’t have hired or contracted with someone to fix something like this. It doesn’t appear to be a problem with any other site or forum I visit. 

I am going to reach out to management today and push real hard for steady, tech support for the boards.  Please be patient a while longer.  meanwhile, bring all of the board problems to this section.  I will not be able to go to every corner of this forum to find problems people are having with this site.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/78-chat-boards-questions-issues/

On 11/11/2021 at 7:56 AM, CGC Mike said:

I am going to reach out to management today and push real hard for steady, tech support for the boards.  Please be patient a while longer.  meanwhile, bring all of the board problems to this section.  I will not be able to go to every corner of this forum to find problems people are having with this site.

https://boards.cgccomics.com/forum/78-chat-boards-questions-issues/

Appreciate you pushing them on this. 

On 11/10/2021 at 11:37 PM, skypinkblu said:

First of all, I have never seen anything where anyone got moderated for mentioning masks. If that had been true, I would have had a ton of points, I gave away enough masks in the forums.. So I obviously have the wrong post.

2ndly, you can be displeased with my "moderation" all you want, but other than pulling a thread that you started so I could  clean it, not because of you, but because a nude drawing which did not fit in the rules that were posted at that time was posted and people were making comments about "my pillows".  If you think that stuff is appropriate, you are entitled to your opinion , I will disagree. Since we don't seem to have a lot of other women here (I can't imagine why) , I guess I won't have to make a poll to see if any other females agree.

As for you being displeased with my moderation...  I once called you sexist for reasons I felt were valid at the time, and I felt I should recuse myself from making any decisions regarding you, so  I did, except for that one thread. . I figured that one would be ok, because the issue didn't pertain to you specifically..

Call it "rehashing" ...I call it clarifying.   

Stay well.

Frankly I would try avoiding associating myself with anything that has "My pillows" in the description.  Unless of course you want all of Mike Lindell's publicity.  This post has given me plenty of "comedy" magic but I'll just restrain myself as long as I can.

Edited by blazingbob

I once got a week vacation for posting a disgusting picture of poo.  In my defense it was in relations to Showcase New England so I felt it captured my feeling about their business practices accurately.  I am still assuming posting pictures of poo is still not allowed and have not done so since.

Edited by batman_fan

On 11/11/2021 at 9:29 AM, batman_fan said:

I once got a week vacation for posting a disgusting picture of poo.  In my defense it was in relations to Showcase New England so I felt it captured my feeling about their business practices accurately.  I am still assuming posting pictures of poo is still not allowed and have not done so since.

PM me if you're looking for a place to post them.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:48 PM, MrBedrock said:

:signfunny:

So basically after reading Sharon's post in clarifying your behavior, it seems I was justified in writing the word "if".  Your moderated threads were the product of more than what it seems.  I have no reason to doubt Sharon but every reason to doubt you.

The more you type, the more it appears to me that you were acting like a spoiled brat. 

See, I don't care about your status in selling comics.  I don't care about your collection.  I don't care about your relationship with Matt Nelson.   I respond to what you say and do without regard for the rest.  It seems like others are saying, "Oh he has a great collection, he has a lot to offer, he is a professional in the industry", in effect claiming your behavior should be put aside.  If you did the same things under a different name, or without anyone knowing who you are, I believe there would be a few more calling you out on your behavior. 

I am not here to win points with others and I am pretty sure you realize that.  Personally, I do not care.  It is what it is... You have your views about me at this point, and I have my views about you.  Some will cheer you on to gain or continue favor.   There are those that may have had legitimate complaints.  However, when it comes to you, they are rallying behind the wrong horse. 

Originally, I was going to wake up and go about my day and bypass this thread, but then I read Sharon's posts and that was what led me to respond.  I am sure you will have some witty response designed to lure this into a further back and forth but we both know that this is going nowhere at this point so why would either of us bother? 

On 11/11/2021 at 11:14 AM, Straw-Man said:

i think you may have been mean in that post.

Actually Dan/Flying donut works for Frank's Hot sauce and he was just stating facts.  He puts that **** on everything

Disclosure - Dan doesn't work for Frank's hot sauce

Edited by blazingbob

On 11/11/2021 at 10:23 AM, Straw-Man said:

i don't know how to set up the "take a poll" thing, so i'll do it the old-fashioned way:

two options to vote on:

A: most broken-record postings on board--buzzie

B: most broken-record postings on board--all the rest of us, combined.

:whistle:

On 11/11/2021 at 10:10 AM, Buzzetta said:

See, I don't care about your status in selling comics.  I don't care about your collection.  I don't care about your relationship with Matt Nelson.  

Nothing would make me happier than to truly believe you don't care about me, but you keep responding with this drivel and it is pretty obvious you are lying.

On 11/11/2021 at 10:49 AM, MrBedrock said:

Nothing would make me happier than to truly believe you don't care about me, but you keep responding with this drivel and it is pretty obvious you are lying.

i thought the same thing--"not caring" is strong in that one.