• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

On 11/10/2021 at 3:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

I apologize publicly for using my apparent large, swinging, girth and heft to not get anything done around here. I further apologize to you and Buzzie that the nothing I was shooting for has bummed you both out so much. I promise it will never happen again.

BTW, is Dena still a moderator?

You don’t need to apologize to me in any capacity be it facetiously or even half heartedly.  

You acted like a spoiled brat.  This is not RMA… this is not JSilverJanet, or Roy or Columbia Comics or any of them.  Please list or tell us all the previous times that you were moderated or had run ins with moderation based on your posts… 

If this was RMA, Hector, Brock and Roy…. They “might” have a case here.  Your sales thread was shut down. You were told, “no”.  Apparently that was too much for you.  So you called CGC like a spoiled brat. 

One of your defenders sent me a text message and in it I mentioned that I too had a sales thread shut down.  I didn’t call CGC to discuss things… I complied with how I am supposed to post a sales thread. 

here is the response 

3EDDD403-0550-4809-A2F4-425C860479A6.jpeg

Edited by Buzzetta

On 11/10/2021 at 5:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

As far as Richard's point.  I got it.  I understood it.  I disagree with it.  I am not trolling.  I am overtly saying that Richard's sentiments came from the voice that sounded like that of a spoiled child not getting his way.   He even said in that old moderation thread, that he wanted Dena, Mike and Sharon, 'gone.'

The problem with your summary of events is the description of what led to Richard's "temper tantrum" was pretty much 100% false.

But other than that...

On 11/10/2021 at 3:47 PM, ttfitz said:

The problem with your summary of events is the description of what led to Richard's "temper tantrum" was pretty much 100% false.

But other than that...

Please tell then. All he originally questioned was why his sales thread was moderated.  So I am going by the complaint he brought up. 

Edited by Buzzetta

Personally, I still don't get the "joke" here.  I saw the thread in question, even posted in it.  It didn't seem to me to violate any of the "rules" of the sales threads.  Now, if the book didn't really exist, or if the OP wouldn't actually sell it for the price listed, that's not a "joke," it's a clear violation of the sales thread rules.  What exactly was supposed to be funny about the thread?

On 11/10/2021 at 2:47 PM, ttfitz said:

But other than that...

Amen.

I wish I could have the power to choose which of those two I'd rather stay on the boards.

download.jpg

On 11/10/2021 at 3:13 PM, Logan510 said:

Amen.

I wish I could have the power to choose which of those two I'd rather stay on the boards.

download.jpg

You can choose your friends, you can choose your enemies, or they may choose you,  but when you choose to put them on ignore- wow, each and every thread where some users camp out and post 20 times a day suddenly take on a completely different view. :313931314_peaceemoji:

On 11/10/2021 at 2:47 PM, Buzzetta said:

previous times that you were moderated or had run ins with moderation based on your posts… 

I got a two week suspension for this heinous act of posting aggression...

image.thumb.png.6bbd4e3f5e046f1e7dfc98de8b8dc63d.png

In mid- 2020 I posted a link to a video trending on Reddit that showed a customer throwing a mask at one of my employees. I am a comic shop owner after all. Moderation pulled that and I got a wrist slap.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:32 PM, MrBedrock said:

I got a two week suspension for this heinous act of posting aggression...

image.thumb.png.6bbd4e3f5e046f1e7dfc98de8b8dc63d.png

On 11/10/2021 at 4:37 PM, MrBedrock said:

This post got pulled with the threat of suspension...

image.thumb.png.413b635d929a930678586a759c0725f7.png

On 11/10/2021 at 4:40 PM, MrBedrock said:

This truthful post got pulled at the insistence of the poster Comcav, the principle of Bleeding Cool....

image.thumb.png.c8e2b8e30889acf3fd60f87d1e717bbf.png

Very fair points if these are the actual posts that were moderated and let’s have a dialogue then.    I cannot comment as to the context of them.  I will say, as you know that for any moderator to do something someone has to complain.  I doubt they were stumbling into them and were most likely alerted to them.  

Did Roy complain about the dealer comment?  Did someone else complain about something in the other ones?  You could tell me to Blank myself and I would shrug.  However if I complained would it be seen as actionable if I took offense? 

On 11/10/2021 at 3:58 PM, Buzzetta said:

Very fair points if these are the actual posts that were moderated and let’s have a dialogue then. 

What do you mean "IF"? That is pretty insulting coming from you. But everything is starting to sound insulting coming from you so I will pass on the dialogue.

On 11/10/2021 at 5:00 PM, MrBedrock said:

What do you mean "IF"? That is pretty insulting coming from you. But everything is starting to sound insulting coming from you so I will pass on the dialogue.

Because in many instances people have posted singular comments or screen shots of messages when it turned out it was not the isolated message… but the message in context with other posts.   It was not “IF” as you are quoting in a accusatory tone but “if” lower case.