• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Exciting Updates to the CGC Chat Boards
15 15

1,842 posts in this topic

@Randall Ries

I remembered something that happened earlier this week in its relation to this conversation.  This guy on the subway decided to hop the turnstile rather than pay the $2.75.    However, his foot was caught on the arms of the turnstile and he suddenly faceplanted into the concrete of the subway platform.  He then proceeded to get up and hit the turnstile with his backpack as if the turnstile was at fault.   

I would be lying if I said I was not smiling. 

Some of those that we are talking about are those subway turnstile hoppers.  They roll the dice, they hope that they do not get caught but when they do they blame the turnstile. 

People that call CGC to complain about being moderated are as laughable to me as if this guy went home nursing his beat up face and if he were to call the MTA to complain.

On 11/10/2021 at 4:07 AM, Buzzetta said:

@onlyweaknesskryptonite can verify that as he found the book I've been looking for in Bedrock's store.    I declined.

I can confirm that @Buzzetta did indeed let me know of a book he was looking for,  and as I do will all of those who send me their want lists , my first step is to do a cursory search of the internet as I tend to search a lot of places most do not think to look. (Not just a quick google search) 

This did net the book he was looking for and it was indeed in Mr. Bedrock's store. He did decline.  

I too have been moderated a bit since I have been here most were VERY fair . Some I did question, but such is life.  I have just tried to be more careful in what I post. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:28 PM, buttock said:

In this situation, moderation was broken and nobody was willing to fix it.  Countless members have spoken up about this being a problem and CGC didn't want to do anything.  (That's not an indictment of the people doing the moderation... that's a thankless job and not one I would ever take.  That was a terrible decision by CGC and this outcome is what should have been expected.). So Mr B, who has more influence than most, stepped up and flexed to get the problem fixed.  Because working the other channels wasn't working.  

To be fair, I think that it is the way he went about it that upset some people Buttock. 

@mnelsonCGC

Matt, if I may, is this portrayal of Buttock's correct?  Did you decide to recruit a paid moderator because Dr, sorry, Mr Bedrock 'raised his voice and flexed'? Should we be thanking Mr Bedrock for bringing you all to your senses or, if that decision, say, was already in train, should we be more focussed on the way he conducted himself and considerate of the feelings of those who were unfairly tarnished in the fallout following his intervention?

As a side note, I can't believe I've used the word 'buttock' twice in this post to you. 

On 11/10/2021 at 5:55 PM, oakman29 said:

I obviously have zero clout here. Since the change over it has been hit and miss on being able to log onto the boards. I get a ton of CGC advertisements that wont let me log on though.

Add you voice here Oak, and it will be heard:

https://boards.cgccomics.com/topic/498242-can’t-login-to-boards-on-my-laptop/#comment-12041842

• Administrator
On 11/10/2021 at 1:06 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

To be fair, I think that it is the way he went about it that upset some people Buttock. 

@mnelsonCGC

Matt, if I may, is this portrayal of Buttock's correct?  Did you decide to recruit a paid moderator because Dr, sorry, Mr Bedrock 'raised his voice and flexed'? Should we be thanking Mr Bedrock for bringing you all to your senses or, if that decision, say, was already in train, should we be more focussed on the way he conducted himself and considerate of the feelings of those who were unfairly tarnished in the fallout following his intervention?

As a side note, I can't believe I've used the word 'buttock' twice in this post to you. 

Here is what Dena posted:

There has been quite a bit of misinformation tossed around in the last few days and it's incredibly disappointing to see the base behavior of some. Nothing happened here as the result of a few phone calls. Anyone watching the careers page on the CCG website would know there was an open position posted for Social Media Coordinator long before those calls were made.

Trashing the moderators as is being done here is completely inappropriate. There is an effort being made to address the issues but those issues are not the fault of the moderators who have invested numerous hours dealing with some very sticky situations.

The bottom line is that there was the need to add more resources here for some time. It is difficult to find the right people to support the activity here. Many of you base your opinions on what you see here only. There is way more happening behind the scenes and I can assure you that if you were on the receiving end of what has been tolerated here, your tone would be much different.

The good news is change is coming. However, you are sadly mistaken if you think there will be tolerance for disrespect of your hosts and those that keep this board running. Careful what you wish for folks. It's wonderful that we have many eyes on this now at the office. They are seeing everything though, not just what some want them to see.

On 11/10/2021 at 6:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

Here is what Dena posted:

There has been quite a bit of misinformation tossed around in the last few days and it's incredibly disappointing to see the base behavior of some. Nothing happened here as the result of a few phone calls. Anyone watching the careers page on the CCG website would know there was an open position posted for Social Media Coordinator long before those calls were made.

Trashing the moderators as is being done here is completely inappropriate. There is an effort being made to address the issues but those issues are not the fault of the moderators who have invested numerous hours dealing with some very sticky situations.

The bottom line is that there was the need to add more resources here for some time. It is difficult to find the right people to support the activity here. Many of you base your opinions on what you see here only. There is way more happening behind the scenes and I can assure you that if you were on the receiving end of what has been tolerated here, your tone would be much different.

The good news is change is coming. However, you are sadly mistaken if you think there will be tolerance for disrespect of your hosts and those that keep this board running. Careful what you wish for folks. It's wonderful that we have many eyes on this now at the office. They are seeing everything though, not just what some want them to see.

I see, so we don't have Bedrock to thank for it after all. Thanks. 

On 11/10/2021 at 12:18 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

I see, so we don't have Bedrock to thank for it after all. Thanks. 

I apologize publicly for using my apparent large, swinging, girth and heft to not get anything done around here. I further apologize to you and Buzzie that the nothing I was shooting for has bummed you both out so much. I promise it will never happen again.

BTW, is Dena still a moderator?

On 11/10/2021 at 1:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

I apologize publicly for using my apparent large, swinging, girth and heft to not get anything done around here. I further apologize to you and Buzzie that the nothing I was shooting for has bummed you both out so much. I promise it will never happen again.

I'll make the assumption that you probably know more on that then 99% of us nobodies 

On 11/10/2021 at 2:12 PM, MrBedrock said:

buzzie is the female version of buzzy, right?

Edited by Straw-Man

On 11/10/2021 at 3:18 PM, Straw-Man said:

buzzie is the female version of buzzy, right?

“I understand”

Edited by Buzzetta