• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Login Problems
5 5

153 posts in this topic

On 12/16/2021 at 3:00 PM, bc said:

Same here - very annoying.

-bc

On 12/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, Get Marwood & I said:

The 'CGC Chat Boards' button (which takes you to the home / forums list page)....

cgcchatboards.PNG.ccc4d8397dc8a4151c920179fa17cdb3.PNG

....is currently, temporarily, sending us to the journal pages instead of the home page.

As a workaround, on a Desktop, select 'Home' as below:

home.PNG.b6af704307f0450d51400f08899aed66.PNG

On a mobile, select 'Forums' then 'Home':

mob2.thumb.jpg.1199ca9656550e29fd3ac68e4883cfd3.jpg mob1.thumb.jpg.897366921ada8ad62e245577a1704876.jpg

Both will take you to the normal home page / CGC Forums list:

mob3.thumb.PNG.9d5df489f73a2a698d97e2b4b6adf941.PNG

• Administrator

I'm told Invision made a change on Thursday night that they think should resolve the login issues. Are you all still having issues getting in since Thursday night?

On 12/21/2021 at 8:19 AM, dena said:

I'm told Invision made a change on Thursday night that they think should resolve the login issues. Are you all still having issues getting in since Thursday night?

It's a lot better.

I was logged out 2 to 3 times yesterday, but I went through a "lot" of other tabs and apps etc, before coming back to be logged out and then it WAS easy to log back in :) 

and that was on my phone, they one that I used to have the most trouble with.

Couldn't sign in for about 20 minutes just before. I tried signing out on the main page, but I couldn't do that either...things kept spinning and didn't move. The drop down to sign out didn't work either.  Then all of a sudden, Santa Claus appeared and I was signed in without signing in again...Perhaps a Christmas Miracle?

Using Android on my phone. 

Just now had an issue again . 

I have been reading through my notifications since this morning and just now as I went to the next page it signed me out on the boards.  Had to go back to the home page ( where it still showed as signed in) and sign out, then log back in on the home page and navigate to the boards again..

:facepalm:

On 12/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, dena said:

still signs me out every time I close the browser, where as it never used to...

• Administrator

Dang it! 

Thanks for the continued feedback. We know this is extremely frustrating and we would love to get this settled. Back to the drawing board we go...

On 12/21/2021 at 9:19 AM, dena said:

Yes. 10 minutes ago. Firefox on a Mac. Had to go all the way out again.

I'm having a real problem with the page loading fully. Causing the reply window to take for ever and I have to refresh to post. Might be my computer, but now that everything is up to date, it is still happening. IDK (shrug) 

I had a login issue for the first time in quite a while today and when I clicked on login, the drop downs were not working. There is a JavaScript error that prevents the sub nav items (childNodes) from showing up and making the log out link inaccessible (see below). Luckily, I have it book marked in case  I need it. https://www.cgccomics.com/account/logout

I also noticed, but did not screen shot, the cookies that are/were controlling the login are not there anymore? I didn't dig too much but there have definitely been some changes that appear to not have worked. IIRC, there were two login cookies set and both were due to expire today. 

2021-12-23_11-08-29.thumb.jpg.75ca8e124eaf6d86397c08ad41dab526.jpg