• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

238 posts in this topic

On 4/25/2024 at 10:03 AM, royaluglydudes said:

I only wish the main image was given the full cover....

Detective_Comics_425.webp

Love this Bernie cover..  It’s like DC lost its mind with the banner full of text and floating heads in a few titles of the early 70s.  The Adams covers on Justice League in 70 and 71 and then Detective in 72.  Not sure what they were thinking?

On 4/25/2024 at 5:48 PM, Strange Trip said:

Love this Bernie cover..  It’s like DC lost its mind with the banner full of text and floating heads in a few titles of the early 70s.  The Adams covers on Justice League in 70 and 71 and then Detective in 72.  Not sure what they were thinking?

Yes, such an odd design choice. I've often wondered how the artists felt having their art not displayed to its fullest.

On 4/27/2024 at 4:38 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

I realize that Superman breaking out of chains is one of the all-time most iconic images in comics.

That said, I've never understood exactly how somebody got those chains on him in the first place ... so many times.

I mean, chain me up once, shame on you ...

It was the same arch-villain who slipped an extra pair of pants on Batman on that Batman 244 cover…

Edited by Brock