• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Your single favorite Bronze Age Cover: You must only pick one
8 8

226 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2021 at 8:35 PM, ganni said:

So we categorize in specific artists of your choice...

Starting In the Kirby category...

This here is my pick

caf207.jpg

Great cover but let’s please stay on the topic of this thread. It’s not your favorite cover per artist. You can always start a thread on that topic. Many boardie’s including myself have taken on the difficult challenge of identifying our single favorite Bronze Age cover and your Infantino Star Wars cover is an awesome pick. We need to give other boardies who haven’t chimed in yet, an opportunity to pick their’s. (thumbsu

On 12/3/2021 at 2:54 PM, Sweet Lou 14 said:

Interesting.  I don't hate it, but I don't think this kind of cover plays to Ditko's strengths.  Imagine this same cover done by, say, Barry Windsor-Smith.

As a 14 year old, this jumped out at me. Not as much today, but the Ditko/Wally Wood art was impressive.

On 12/3/2021 at 3:47 PM, shadroch said:

Stalker #1

Love this cover but I must admit that it has always confused me as to what’s going on. For the longest time (years) I thought that skull was the head of the shadow. Then realized the other head from the cast shadow. So the skull is hanging on the wall behind him? Then there’s the hands holding the pointed knives in the foreground that I always thought was his opponent casting the shadow. But the hands don’t match up with the shadow…they are part of an alter or something I think I remember from reading this so long ago?

On 12/2/2021 at 2:17 AM, S. CREAM said:

While American Bronze Age comics have had an undeniable impact on my comic book preferences, for me, the first issue of the highly controversial Action comic from IPC of the UK has to be at the fore. Action was so markedly different from other British comics of the day (albeit still magazine sized). It was graphic, well drawn and had stories with edge, tension and lots of violence and gore. I picked up my first US comic about the same time (a Thor that I found at a garbage dump used by a US military base in England), and began a passion for the form which continues to this day - Action though was unforgettable.

British Action Comic.jpg

I loved this comic as a kid. :cloud9:

On 12/5/2021 at 2:33 PM, D2 said:

Some very interesting choices here. 

my favourite cover of all time? There can only be one? I need to think about this 

lol of the bronze age :sumo: 

doesn't make it any easier does it haha

On 12/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, D2 said:
On 12/5/2021 at 5:41 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

565679615_Batman244.thumb.JPG.85a025443ad0a7db7772a41952b7e514.JPG

Na na na na na na na na na....

Bat jammies!

image.png.120b943c54c459e32be304122c7f20d8.png

Oh his leg is just in the shade 😂

I see tan lines by the letter "M"

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

On 12/5/2021 at 5:55 PM, D2 said:

Na na na na na na na na na....

Bat jammies!

image.png.120b943c54c459e32be304122c7f20d8.png

I knew someone would call out the Bat-Jams! To quote a Tik-Tok (which I always do because it makes my kids cringe) - "I put this shoulder up, I put this shoulder up, then I drop em; cuz I don't care. I don't care!" xD Still my favorite cover.

Edited by Jesse-Lee

On 12/5/2021 at 5:59 PM, Jesse-Lee said:

I knew someone would call out the Bat-Jams! To quote a Tik-Yok (which I always do because it makes my kids cringe) - "I put this shoulder up, I put this shoulder up, then I drop em; cuz I don't care. I don't care!" xD Still my favorite cover.

I put my hands up...

And they stay there!