• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is CGC trying to lose their dealers as well?
11 11

466 posts in this topic

On 1/10/2022 at 7:25 PM, blazingbob said:

I am not sure that will apply to me.

This would be news to me since I have not gotten any notification from CGC.

bob

No one has been informed to my knowledge.  TG3 msged me about it.  Log into your account and I'm sure you'll see what I'm talking about.

I was going to call tomorrow before I posted anything about this. I have a dealer account with CGC. The $199 dealer membership that pops up when I log in says it is for CCG and allows submission across all the CCG companies. Coins, sportscards, paper money. 

Those things have no value to me since I don't collect or serve customers in those fields of collectibles. Perhaps it would have value to some stores and dealers that also cater to sports cards crowd. 

So MAYBE those of us with CGC (only) dealer accounts will maintain such at no cost.  Because the idea is that dealers send in lots and lots of books.  But if they are now "selling" dealer accounts at a $199 annual fee, they might end up catching some consequences. They already torqued us a bit with the discount cut. Now a yearly fee?  There's a place that used to be across the street that still views dealers as.....influencers.... and worth catering a bit more to. 

Edited by Tony S

On 1/10/2022 at 7:29 PM, Tony S said:

I was going to call tomorrow before I posted anything about this. I have a dealer account with CGC. The $199 dealer membership that pops up when I log in says it is for CCG and allows submission across all the CCG companies. Coins, sportscards, paper money. 

Those things have no value to me since I don't collect or serve customers in those fields of collectibles. Perhaps it would have value to some stores and dealers that also cater to sports cards crowd. 

So MAYBE those of us with CGC (only) dealer accounts will maintain such at no cost.  Because the idea is that dealers send in lots and lots of books.  But if they are now "selling" dealer accounts at a $199 annual fee, they might end up catching some consequences. They already torqued us a bit with the discount cut. Now a yearly fee?  There's a place that used to be across the street that still views dealers as.....influencers.... and worth catering a bit more to. 

Please keep us posted if you chat with them.  Based on what I'm seeing we have till Feb 18th to pay.

On 1/10/2022 at 6:32 PM, Iceman399 said:

Please keep us posted if you chat with them.  Based on what I'm seeing we have till Feb 18th to pay.

Yes, that is interesting because I'm not seeing a deadline on the screen that pops up for me. Had a dealer friend check and he has no deadline showing either

Edited by Tony S