• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 2
11 11

314 posts in this topic

On 2/10/2022 at 10:58 PM, Point Five said:

Don't try to cover for them. Five misses is unacceptable. In the future, CGC clearly needs to spend more time familiarizing itself with CGC's standards.  :taptaptap:

+1

CGC's standard for a 1.5 cannot have a substantial piece of the cover missing! 

• Administrator
On 2/11/2022 at 12:02 AM, Red84 said:

@CGC Mike you didn’t respond to my round 2 grades in the PM. Just want to make sure you saw them. 

I am sorry about that.  I just checked and your grades were recorded.

On 2/10/2022 at 11:02 PM, Comics4All said:

+1

CGC's standard for a 1.5 cannot have a substantial piece of the cover missing! 

I was thinking 1.0, but then I found numerous examples on ebay where similar size cutouts were getting a 1.5. Those ebay examples otherwise had very clean covers, similar to Rex. For a 1.0, the cover would need to be in rough shape. I think the 1.5 falls right in line with their standard.

On 2/11/2022 at 7:46 AM, Comics4All said:

It was 1/2 piece of an ice cold hotcake with no syrup! 

I'm bombing hail mary's left and right, must not have concentrated as hard. Where is the excel stats, or what page? SO I can see if I moved up from #197 lol:roflmao: 

• Administrator
On 2/11/2022 at 8:51 AM, ADAMANTIUM said:

I'm bombing hail mary's left and right, must not have concentrated as hard. Where is the excel stats, or what page? SO I can see if I moved up from #197 lol:roflmao: 

They haven't been posted yet.  I am waiting for the spreadsheet to be updated.  At the latest, I think it will be posted midday.  

I agree lets talk ASM 300....i see a couple ticks on the back which is why I went 9.4....front looks flawless to me.  It's the color rub from the black parts I guess that are taking it down some more? That's the only thing I can come up with.  I just ignored it thinking it was from when they were stacked up and transported.