• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Winter Edition (#1) Round 3
12 12

312 posts in this topic

This was probably answered, so sorry, but I've been waiting to see if it's the top 10 scores (and the likely dozens pf people that get those scores), or if somehow the top ten contestants, including ties for tenth place?

If it's top ten "scores", that's a pretty big pool of contestants for the fourth and final round.

:preach:

• Administrator
On 2/15/2022 at 8:45 AM, sledgehammer said:

This was probably answered, so sorry, but I've been waiting to see if it's the top 10 scores (and the likely dozens pf people that get those scores), or if somehow the top ten contestants, including ties for tenth place?

If it's top ten "scores", that's a pretty big pool of contestants for the fourth and final round.

:preach:

If more than 10 people finish in the top ten, tiebreaker round(s) will take place to determine who the top 10 contestants will be.

On 2/15/2022 at 8:48 AM, CGC Mike said:

If more than 10 people finish in the top ten, tiebreaker round(s) will take place to determine who the top 10 contestants will be.

but everyone else is still going to keep their own grades for the next round and the finals and compare at the end anyway, right?

RIGHT???!!!!

maybe we could have a short break between the end of round 4 and the posting of the grades so contestants not in the top 10 can toss their guesses up for fun anyway? Please?

1 hour maybe?

round ends, one hour later grades posted so the rest of us can carpet bomb the thread with our unofficial guesses in the intervening 60 minutes?

oof tough round, opened the door to victory for someone else in the play from home crowd.  8 pts total in round 1 and 2 and 9 pts in this one.  

Wings : 2.0

Beware: 5.0

Atom 6.0

Silver Surfer: 7.5

Hulk 4.5

gotta go back and see what I was missing, usually when miss i'm under, but I overgraded a bunch here which is unusual.

On 2/15/2022 at 2:21 PM, Bird said:

but everyone else is still going to keep their own grades for the next round and the finals and compare at the end anyway, right?

RIGHT???!!!!

Imagine being 11th at the end of round three and getting five bullseyes in the final round... 

On 2/14/2022 at 11:26 PM, kav said:

The stain goes thru entire book as it is seen on both front and back covers.

Yeah, I know.

This is not really an excuse, but I know what I was thinking, and it was that - not counting the staining of front and back covers - it looked like a very nice book.  Maybe at least an 8.  So if I was ONLY docking it for the front/back cover stains, which weren't super extensive, maybe knock it down to a 7?

Which is obviously wrong, as the staining clearly has to go through the whole book.  But, you know, the rules say there are no significant defects to the interior....So I was kind of just grading based on the covers.

Again, not an excuse and I should have known better.  

On 2/15/2022 at 3:53 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

One better than me - I didn't sign up but have been playing along anyway and scored 16 over the first three rounds. Not too bad. 

No one can complain about 15 or 16 points. That's only 1 point off the final grades for each comic. I would consider that excellent grading. Send these comics back in a second time for grading and you easily could have 7-8 points.