• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics 1 CGC 9.8
6 6

167 posts in this topic

I asked this question a couple years ago and I thought I would be able to get the money then but it took a long time now I'm coming into the money and I need to find out who has Captain America Comics number one I think the guy is in a comic store that's in Wisconsin but I'm not sure can someone please help me out because I'm going to buy this sucker for a lot of money if he will sell it to me.

Been a while since I've been on here so please help me out thanks in advance guys!

Edited by Tim Frommelt

On 2/20/2022 at 12:25 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

now I'm coming into the money and I need to find out who has Captain America Comics number one I think the guy is in a comic store that's in Wisconsin

Wow, congrats as it sounds like you must be coming into quite a bit of money if you are referring to the Allentown CGC 9.8 copy of Cap 1.  :luhv:

Needless to say, it would cost you quite a few million dollars if you hope to acquire that copy which is highly unlikely because I doubt the kids or the family have any plans on selling the book.  Looks like you also got the wrong state as they are located in Texas and not Wisconsin.  :gossip:

On 2/20/2022 at 3:29 AM, Gotham Kid said:

John Verzyl's kids heirs but I don't think they'll be selling, but you can always try...

https://comicheaven.net/

On 2/20/2022 at 3:14 PM, LDarkseid1 said:

I heard they’re not looking to sell it, but would be willing to trade it for a million copies of X-Force 1. But they all still have to be in the polybags.

hm

On 2/20/2022 at 2:21 PM, MrBedrock said:
On 2/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, mikefeen said:

If you need somewhere to park some money in the meantime, there are some nice books in the ComicLink February Featured auction that could use a new home.  :whistle:

Much respect to you. You obviously got an A+ in Advanced Spamming. 

Or maybe he's just concerned about the well-being of his fellow boardies here and want them to avoid much more riskier equity markets where we have seen former red hot flyers like Peleton, Roku, Affirm, and the likes cratered by something like 80% from their recent highs.  (thumbsu

Then again, maybe it just might be a good time to buy into some of these names if they do drop a bit more.  hm  (shrug)

Edited by lou_fine

On 2/20/2022 at 5:24 PM, lou_fine said:

Or maybe he's just concerned about the well-being of his fellow boardies here and want them to avoid much more riskier equity markets where we have seen former red hot flyers like Peleton, Roku, Affirm, and the likes cratered by something like 80% from their recent highs.  (thumbsu

Then again, maybe it just might be a good time to buy into some of these names if they do drop a bit more.  hm  (shrug)

No. That's not it.

On 2/20/2022 at 1:53 PM, mikefeen said:

If you need somewhere to park some money in the meantime, there are some nice books in the ComicLink February Featured auction that could use a new home.  :whistle:

There is a 5.0 Cap 1 too in that auction if you wanna save millions of $ lol

Ok, this may be real, but that's an exceptional claim to come out and say you will buy this book.  Maybe you are coming into a lot of money - I would probably do something similar given the opportunity.

More often than not though, it turns out to be someone wanting attention for something absurd.  So, extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof in my opinion and experience.  

Honestly, if you can swing it - GOOD LUCK!!!

PDG