• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Captain America Comics 1 CGC 9.8
6 6

167 posts in this topic

On 2/20/2022 at 3:25 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

I asked this question a couple years ago and I thought I would be able to get the money then but it took a long time now I'm coming into the money and I need to find out who has Captain America Comics number one I think the guy is in a comic store that's in Wisconsin but I'm not sure can someone please help me out because I'm going to buy this sucker for a lot of money if he will sell it to me.

Been a while since I've been on here so please help me out thanks in advance guys!

I usually don't respond to people who don't use periods but Hi, why not make them an offer? If it was mine I wouldn't let it go for less than 5 million. Probably a 6 million dollar book if auctioned today. I bet if you offered them 6 million there is a good chance they just might sell it to you. 

On 2/20/2022 at 11:30 PM, Professor K said:

I bet if you offered them 6 million there is a good chance they just might sell it to you. 

If they still continue to turn that down, offer them 9 of your 11 zeros as I guarantee you that save for possibly a very few people in this world, most anybody else including the Verzyl's would not turn down the chance to become instant billionaires, even at the cost of giving up an Allentown CGC 9.6 graded copy of Cap 1 that's now had its potential maximized up to a CGC 9.8 graded copy.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

On 2/21/2022 at 7:46 AM, lou_fine said:

If they still continue to turn that down, offer them 9 of your 11 zeros as I guarantee you that save for possibly a very few people in this world, most anybody else including the Verzyl's would not turn down the chance to become instant billionaires, even at the cost of giving up an Allentown CGC 9.6 graded copy of Cap 1 that's now had its potential maximized up to a CGC 9.8 graded copy.  :gossip:  (thumbsu

for 100Mil ( less 1 zero) I would be willing to bet they'd relinquish the entire collection not just the Cap1

On 2/21/2022 at 2:37 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

I know...

It is too fantastic gentlemen to fathom the 11 zeros that I am coming into. Proof will be shared by the 1st.

The only attention I care about is from my relationship with The Lord. Comics are an investment. 

Money makes money, or so they say. What do you plan to do with the rest of it?

I plan to give most of the money to everyone. But, it had to be done strategically. ie. Handing out $10,000 stacks of cash boyfriend's girlfriend's brothers sisters somebody is a drug addict in the family they got a hold of the money they just died of an overdose, people would be getting robbed it would be kind of crazy so I can't just give it all out that way, you have to do it with a lot of thought.

On 2/21/2022 at 11:54 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

I plan to give most of the money to everyone.

in the USA ? why stop there ? There are what, 7 billion people on the planet ? Why not turn EVERYONE into instant billionaires. :yeehaw:

Edited by Gotham Kid

On 2/20/2022 at 2:25 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

I asked this question a couple years ago and I thought I would be able to get the money then but it took a long time now I'm coming into the money and I need to find out who has Captain America Comics number one I think the guy is in a comic store that's in Wisconsin but I'm not sure can someone please help me out because I'm going to buy this sucker for a lot of money if he will sell it to me.

Been a while since I've been on here so please help me out thanks in advance guys!

I have known the Verzyl family VERY well since 1990, even vacationed with them and held John Jr as a baby. I can tell you they have literally 1,000,000 things to sell before they would sell that, literally a million. That is part of the Verzyl legacy, they have no reason to sell. They make more off of the rental homes that they own than most rich people make in a year. Money will not motivate a sale, they have more than enough!

On 2/20/2022 at 10:25 PM, bodhee11 said:

Most money I've ever "came into" she cost me $500 for an hour and lasted 7 minutes.

So it only cost you $58.33, a pharmaceutical prescription; and...the remainder of your money cheerfully refunded...

Edited by pemart1966

On 2/21/2022 at 6:54 AM, Tim Frommelt said:

you have to do it with a lot of thought.

Like everyone else, I only think about it. I will always only think about it.

What I concluded was the money would stay with me. It isn't I don't wish good things for my family and friends. It is I believe once it is given away, it will be easier for the recipients to come back asking for more.

A co-worker and I had that talk. "What would YOU do?" She said "Well, I wouldn't go broke like everyone else!" We talked about the overwhelming majority DO or they die. Well, not her, I was assured.

She would pay off all her debt and bills. Everything she owed. Cool!
Move to a nicer climate. Prudent! May as well be comfortable.
Then, I would pay off all my family members debt and bills. Huh?
Then, I would take all my family members on a cruise. Wait.
I thought we had talked about NOT being like everyone else. We had, I was told. But that's ALL I would do. Oh. Ok. You'd be broke within a year, I thought to myself.

We talked about a documentary we had both watched co-incidentally. In it 9 people had been profiled. All of them had won HUGE sums and none of them had any money worth mentioning previously. ALL but one couple (They were counted as 1 individual) had gone broke and in fact 2 of them were deceased. 1 individual had bought a mansion and invited all her friends to live with her. All her drug using addicted friends. As she was. Birds of a feather.

All of her friends died from overdose. SHE died from overdose. Hers was the most intense story. All the others with one exception had similar things happen. All spent their money in a years time. All were broke and - in fact - in debt. Except the one couple.

They bought a horse farm. They both loved horses. So, they would board horses, train horses and made enough money from that to support the ranch. When asked if it was harder than it looked to keep their dough, they agreed it was in unison.

"We bought ourselves a couple of things we had always wanted personally. Then we agreed to buy this ranch. Then, we put the money into the hands of a good accountant. It's hard to find someone 'good' that we felt comfortable handling our winnings. We try to live off the interest accrued and leave the principle alone."

Is it harder than it seems to have that kind of money?

"We had NO IDEA how hard. And the temptation is always there to splurge. But we are afraid once we start, we won't stop."

So, prudence won they day for them. And they are the exception to the rule, it seems. Good for them. After wading through 8 tragic stories, they were like a cool breeze. Humble. Prudent. Smart. And most importantly, had a healthy fear and respect of their own human nature. They also said it took a lot of effort and thought to hang on to it. The hardest part was the people who would show up with a sob story or medical problem and want money. They WANTED to help but it was a slippery slope. The amount of people who showed up essentially begging were legion.

The person who I was speaking with about it only said "Well, I wouldn't be like those LOSERS who died or went broke. I don't use drugs!" Ok. Maybe not. But she went from "I would NOT do what everyone else does" to "I would pay off all my family members debt and bills" and "I would take all my family members on a cruise." You know? She meant ALL of them. Kids, husband, siblings, Aunts, Uncles, cousins, in-laws. The whole She-Bang.

People are funny creatures.

Edited by Randall Ries

On 2/21/2022 at 10:11 AM, Funnybooks said:

These are the type of people that win lotteries because they are the one's playing them...lol

A financial planner is probably not high on the list of priorities after winning the lottery but an atv probably is

White-Trash-Redneck-Maternity-Photos-JCP-6.jpg

Sad, but true to a degree. Wealthy people certainly don't need to. One of my many peeves has become waiting in line to pay for my coffee and just my luck, the person in front of me needs to buy their load of scratch-offs.

Have you ever stood in line waiting to be rung up and the person begins that process? As the cashier hands them their tickets, they begin scratching right there. Then begins to direct the cashier "I want this, that or the other ticket(s)" as he/she uses the check out register as a bookies window? That's a real treat. Sort of a "Keep 'em comin'" affair as my coffee starts burning my hand.

Happens more and more. I wish that whole thing could be made into a kiosk like an ATM. You do THAT over THERE. I feel both pity and contempt for them.

I have bought ONE lottery ticket in my life and that was last year or the year before. Lottery got up to 90 mill and I thought "Why not?" The odds over winning numbers are astronomical and fall within the "Impossible" range. And it makes me laugh and then I get suspicious when a giant lottery IS won and there just happens to be 3 people who just HAPPENED to guess the winning combination of numbers. Really.

If anyone wants wealth, perhaps effort should go into changing the playing field by hook or by crook. They are talking about $7 gasoline by this summer. If you don't think this Ukraine thing is a planned screwjob just to make money, guess again.