• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Forum - Toxic Environment?
8 8

382 posts in this topic

On 3/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, Jeffro. said:

Complaint 2002 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2003 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2004 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2005 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2006 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2007 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2008 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2009 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2010 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2011 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2012 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2013 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2014 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2015 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2016 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2017 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2018 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2019 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2020 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2021 - "The CGC boards are toxic"
Complaint 2022 - "The CGC boards are toxic"

Like sand through the hourglass, these are the days of our lives

Noted. 

Whenever you get a group of people with strong emotions and a hint of social awkwardness together on the internet you'll often get toxicity or at least the appearance of it every so often.

Some use the pretext of an "intelligent and mature discussion" to hide or justify their toxicity, and some are so used to seeing toxicity that they'll see it where there was none.

Either way just do your best to not let it get to you and move on, theres often very little you can do about it

I see these from time to time and don't understand them. If you don't like the category/section you are in just move to 
another. Many of the more toxic members have been gone for awhile or they lurk and don't post because of it 
or they have been threatened with a ban.

Leaving this place would a mistake on your part, but you are free to find another forum. There are several, but 
nothing compares to the amount of information here. Even spec and comic related sites borrow quite a bit of 
information from here. 

I am not sure what you have done, but honestly many times when someone becomes that toxic here it wasn't
the board's fault that got them that way. The ignore function will do you wonders try using it.

Edited by fastballspecial

I would take the time to enjoy some of the gems that can be found here.

I just recently discovered such a gem, and I enjoyed the read very much.  A reply by BlowUpTheMoon on the first page has a link to a thread that gives more background, I just linked this one instead because its where I started on the Amphoman Journey..   edit: ok just to be clear, his books are trash, the posts on these threads are comedy gold.

Edited by JC25427N
I don't want to come off as a fan of garbage

:sumo:

and just now I learned some stuff I didn't know about the Church books. you have to take the good with the bad here, there is whatever you look for really. the only thing we all have in common is that everyone has to buy a Planet eventually

I've found the people that talk about mirrors the most are the ones who have never personally used one.