• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC is now hawking variant signatures?
2 2

51 posts in this topic

What is next? Will they offer left handed signatures from right handed artists? 

You can pay $100 for the artists regular signature or for only triple the price, he'll sign it with his other hand, switching color ink half way thru.  All excluselively at their inhouse signings.  

On 4/5/2022 at 9:45 AM, shadroch said:

You can pay $100 for the artists regular signature or for only triple the price, he'll sign it with his other hand, switching color ink half way thru.  All excluselively at their inhouse signings.  

Expect stuff likes this, with the new owners management is going to be asked to accelerate profit growth.  Yes, more money to have books graded but that was assumed in the purchase price, they need new revenue streams to beat earning estimates.

why is anyone blaming CGC here?

this [Infinity and Infinity Murder Signature] is a Clayton Crain thing not something CGC invented

I think it is ridiculous and would never pay for it (already made a joke about it when it was announced) but no one is forcing anyone to get anything other than the standard sig which is also being offered and again this isn't a CGC creation .... blame the artist if you don't like their marketing ... many do when it comes to Liefeld 

On 4/5/2022 at 12:45 PM, shadroch said:

They should offer signatures in invisible ink.  That way you can deface the book, but no one can tell.:idea:

On 4/5/2022 at 11:45 AM, shadroch said:

Yeah...Crain has been doing signatures like this for a while.  But don't let the truth get in the way of your outrage.

Kevin Eastman used to sign  and doodle a turtle face as part of the regular priced signature. In fact most of his pre Ronan sigs included the turtle face doodle. And he happily did it free as it only takes him about 4 seconds to draw it as he’s said before.

But now Kevin Eastmans signature is considered a “Remarque”?  

can someone clarify? For instance the recent books I sent in for Kevin Eastman I kind of expect the doodle turtle as it’s been a staple and part of his signature for decades. 

sadly looking at feebay and all the new sigs DONT include the doodle and it’s off putting. 

cheers all 

On 4/5/2022 at 7:36 PM, shadroch said:

I'm not outraged. I'm amazed what they can get away with.  It doesn't matter if an artist does it elsewhere. CGC is the one promoting it.  give the sheeple what they want. 

And if the "sheeple" want it, what concern is it of yours?

On 4/5/2022 at 8:36 PM, shadroch said:

I'm not outraged. I'm amazed what they can get away with.  It doesn't matter if an artist does it elsewhere. CGC is the one promoting it.  give the sheeple what they want. 

They can't very well say "sorry Mr. Crain, only boring black ink sigs like everyone else". 

The guy created unique signature styles and wants to capitalize off that.  Big deal. 

I'm not sure what they're "getting away with".  Offering customers a choice? Besides, they are nice signatures. 

I think you're wanting to blame CGC for something they aren't doing wrong at all. 

CGC is extending the guy an in-house signing. By doing so, they are promoting this stuff. Of the dozens of creators they could do an inhouse signing with, they chose this guy,

But he has kool books, bro. 

On 4/6/2022 at 7:16 AM, shadroch said:

CGC is extending the guy an in-house signing. By doing so, they are promoting this stuff. Of the dozens of creators they could do an inhouse signing with, they chose this guy,

But he has kool books, bro. 

Are you saying they're hosting a Crain signing and no one is sending books in because no one wants it ?? 

Then yea, you should contact them and let them know they're wasting their time and won't make any money. 

Otherwise, ignore it and wait until the next signing event is announced.. which will probably be any second now. 

Meh.. I wouldn’t pay the asking rate - but Crain is an awesome artist and I dig his pixel-perfect signatures. It’s very niche to develop and market your own variant signatures and, while I wouldn’t fork out, I suspect that the diehard Crain fans are hip deep into it.