• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 3:44 PM, Brian Peck said:

Mike Ploog Marvel Spotlight #5 Story Page 9 $50K

Good price for a Ghost Rider Ploog from the origin.

This story is one of my all time favorites. Hits all my buttons. That's a healthy price for a page that doesn't even have a flaming skull anywhere to be found!:whatthe:

On 6/16/2022 at 7:11 PM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Romita Jr iron man splash went for $102K

Dear Lord...Iron Man 126 Romita Jr/Layton splash 102K with Buyers Premium.

https://comics.ha.com/itm/original-comic-art/splash-pages/john-romita-jr-and-bob-layton-iron-man-126-splash-page-17-original-art-marvel-1979-/a/7274-93125.s

Not many good solid "Demon In A Bottle" saga issues splashes with Iron Man not getting the dickens beat of him. I do wonder if there will be 120-128 issue art coattail riding on this? 

On 6/16/2022 at 6:40 PM, Brian Peck said:

What does everyone think of the Wonder Woman Annual #2 Perez cover going for $11,400. Ya just the figures and the lasso but it is similar to the iconic WW #1 George did.

To me it was all potatoes no meat. WW arms covering torso, hokey type background with all the different logos. At least to me does not have a display piece vibe.

Edited by MAR1979

Lost out on the Gil Kane Batgirl complete story, Romita Sr Spidey 60 pg 8 and two Peanuts dailies... live to fight another day 

0 for me, wanted the Red Hood TKJ page and the Sale Joker DPS, but couldn’t make it happen. Came close but couldn’t get any of the JIM 108 pages. Finished off trying for the Wagner Death page which I think went really reasonably, but didn’t need to push higher on it since I got a Bachalo HCOL page this year.

On 6/16/2022 at 3:25 PM, Grant Turner said:

I just won a Kirby JIM 108 page with Dr Strange! Didn’t think I’d even be in the running but it actually came in almost 2k below my max bid.

deals are still to be had out there!

Which page? 

Fun to watch today, but a couple things stood out to me.  The DKR cover did go for less than I thought, and the Defenders #26 cover went for insanity.  Some wild ups and downs, and my only bid (on one of my favorite 'V for Vendetta' pages) got shot down like a narc at a biker rally.  No new art for me today, but congrats to anyone who got something special!

Dan

On 6/16/2022 at 8:57 PM, batman_fan said:

The two Sunday's were so so sales, I thought both would cross the $100k mark, but the rest were pretty shocking.  I was happy to snag this one.  Was driving home, pulled over and sat in a hotel parking lot to watch the Peanuts.  Decided to do a cut bid figuring I will get blown away only to win!  I liked the gag and Snoopy's expressions plus it is my 1st Violet and now the oldest strip I own.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 6.55.04 PM.png

congrats! great strip!

On 6/16/2022 at 7:30 PM, batman_fan said:

I did :whee:

Now how do I sneak it in the house without the wife knowing hm

1) Convince your wife you need to remodel the house.
2) Tell the contractors you need a secret space with its own separate entrance.
3) Put all the treasures you can't tell your wife about in said secret space.
4) Invite me over so I can enjoy your personal Batcave.