• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/17/2022 at 9:38 AM, wurstisart said:

I was tempted to bid but then to me something is off with that cover and I did not research it enough before bidding.

Why has it only Perez on the cover and not the inker?

Maybe I am too cautious and should have bid. Who knows.

Anyone any intel on this?

On 6/18/2022 at 9:57 AM, vodou said:

the All Hat, No Cattle playahs and handicappahs

I like that. Had never heard of it. I definitely have no cattle. I’m more like a ranch hand. Every 5 years I save up enough money to buy 2 or 3 steers. And every 5 years the Governing Board of Ranchers decide that the corral is too crowded and they decide it’s my steer that has to be slaughtered. So I’m back down to no cattle again but I do get to pick up a rebate coupon for Omaha Steaks on April 15. I guess that doesn’t just make me any ol’ ranch hand; but the kind who likes petting rabbits.

On 6/18/2022 at 12:00 PM, John E. said:

I like that. Had never heard of it. I definitely have no cattle. I’m more like a ranch hand. Every 5 years I save up enough money to buy 2 or 3 steers. And every 5 years the Governing Board of Ranchers decide that the corral is too crowded and they decide it’s my steer that has to be slaughtered. So I’m back down to no cattle again but I do get to pick up a rebate coupon for Omaha Steaks on April 15. I guess that doesn’t just make me any ol’ ranch hand; but the kind who likes petting rabbits.

You could still probably afford some Rocky Mountain Oysters.

On 6/17/2022 at 11:17 AM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

Just about every collectible is wildly overvalued.at this point in time. As you mentioned Gene, there has been way to much money printed in the last 14 years. The Untied States can never repay its debt to the Fed central bank, a bank in which the Untied States actually has only a small minority share in, and whose charter is to keep people employed and maintain the stability of the dollar. Currently they are failing in the former, and have overseen the erosion of the dollars value to the tune of 97% since 1913. So obviously they have failed spectacularly in the latter. We can not continue as a country of debtors. The current real inflation rate is closer to 20% then the phony 8% they are putting out there. We are heading into (or may be already in) not only a recession but maybe even a depression. And no, the central bank can not do anything to prevent it this time. And they know it. They have taken this economy past the point of no return. The dollar is already on the way to losing it's reserve currency status, which is about the only thing that is preventing us from free falling. It is clear that the days of the dollars reign are coming to an end. I feel sorry for people that have purchased collectibles in the last 1.5 years or so thinking they have a long term blue chip investment. Maybe some of the best of the best collectibles will whether the storm, but around 90%, 95% of what is out there will not fare well. The collectibles market across the board is going to not just soften, but probably crash in the next 6 to 16 months. Many of the prices realized at auction have no real core under lying basis. This economic system has been shaky since the late 90's and has been on life support since 2008. This current economic system itself is not sustainable, and I fully expect a non fed bank, government printed currency, asset backed system to return to America, probably beginning sometime in late 2023 or early mid 2024, with the transition taking place maybe over 6 months to a years time(?). 

If inflation keeps up we'll have no problem paying off our debt once the dollar is worthless.  

DM.jpg

On 6/18/2022 at 11:28 AM, Rick2you2 said:

You could still probably afford some Rocky Mountain Oysters.

Is my rebate voucher good for it at Omaha Steaks? 🐂🧶🧶🤤

We can go halvsies.

On 6/17/2022 at 9:09 PM, Humpty-Dumpty said:

The people have been brainwashed by 100+ years of the Fed banking system. Inflation is an integral part of this system, yet it need not be part of a healthy economic system, including even this broken system. Even the business cycle is not what they have drummed into the minds of people, yet we just accept it because that is all we know. This not due to covid or even the 2008 recession, although they play a primary role. This is due to decades and decades of a fiat based system which went off the gold standard in 1971. These are the core reasons. Most every other explanation is essentially financial mumble jumble that they like to throw at us, and that the talking heads parrot.. This is what they like to do, confuse people with their double talk finance speak, to distract them from the real issues. 

The economic system is anything but grounded. We do not have full employment. I don't know what you are looking at, but the opposite of what you are stating is the real economic elements. This is not cost inflation; or maybe on the peripheral you can say it is, yet fundamentally this is politically induced inflation. This inflation cannot come under control until two things happen. One we need to raise interest rates at the same level of the inflation rates, which is at about 20%. Two, we need to regain our political footing regarding the economy, which is extremely unlikely at this time. In raising interest rates to 20%, you can say goodbye to any chance of reviving the economy. Yet this is how the Fed has trapped itself. They can not save this economy no matter what they do, because of their actions over the last 25 to 50 years, and again, they know it. We long ago reached the point of no return. Did it ever occur to you they are purposely and systematically destroying this current system? 

It does seem deliberate to me as well. As far as an asset backed currency? No way. We will be switching to fed coin digital. It will TRULY have no value, other than the perceived contribution you can make toward society until we get to full automation. People that bought comics in the last 8 years (not one and a half) were all nuts. They are comics, after all. But, as long as there's demand, within any economic structure, including inflated periods, the 'value' will not greatly diminish. 

61C3130D-7053-42C7-8011-03EDCB49130A.webp.d7b86929a35cb7cb0cb3cfe93a6eda37.webp

“The Dark Knight cover is your family’s legacy, Bruce, and you let it slip from your fingers! Your father would’ve mopped the floors at Hertiage!”

A24BBF3E-F7E5-4E38-87B7-0EEB4265AF3C.thumb.webp.070ffb466916ec00da3f3b6df182e133.webp

“My father was a wealthy man, Alfred! Why would he be mopping floors at Heritage?!”

61C3130D-7053-42C7-8011-03EDCB49130A.webp.d7b86929a35cb7cb0cb3cfe93a6eda37.webp

“Jim Halperin is a very powerful man.”

87550554-5CD4-4572-80C4-774423074B19.webp

Edited by John E.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:34 PM, malvin said:

Yes.  Nothing happened.

Malvin

well that's true, in more ways than one.

Nothing happened price wise, to any great degree, but as I recall there were noticeably fewer transactions out there (aside from the auction houses).

So.. nothing happened.. and nothing happened.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:34 AM, malvin said:

Yes.  Nothing happened.

Malvin

That is so surprising to me. Not sure if this would be the same this time around. The market for comic art is a LOT bigger than in 2007 and I assume people will want to take some chips of the table when prices start turning. Especially since right now nothing else (stocks, bonds, crypto, even gold) is working. 

Edited by oldwhy

On 6/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, Joshua33 said:

It does seem deliberate to me as well. As far as an asset backed currency? No way. We will be switching to fed coin digital. It will TRULY have no value, other than the perceived contribution you can make toward society until we get to full automation. People that bought comics in the last 8 years (not one and a half) were all nuts. They are comics, after all. But, as long as there's demand, within any economic structure, including inflated periods, the 'value' will not greatly diminish. 

Time will tell. Yet do you realize what happens if we go full CBDC? Say goodbye to freedom, or what is left of it. So no, we are not going to a digital based system. Digital will part of it, yet the fundamental will be asset based. Get back to me around 8 to 16 months on this.

On 6/18/2022 at 11:22 AM, Rick2you2 said:

Does anyone recall what happened to the OA market during the 2007-9 recession and the 2001-03 version? They may provide pricing guidance over the next year.

Not this time. It is a very different situation now.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, oldwhy said:

That is so surprising to me. Not sure if this would be the same this time around. The market for comic art is a LOT bigger than in 2007 and I assume people will want to take some chips of the table when prices start turning. Especially since right now nothing else (stocks, bonds, crypto, even gold) is working. 

Gold prices are extremely manipulated. That will change in time.

On 6/18/2022 at 2:36 PM, oldwhy said:

I believe one big difference between those times is now is that OA has been increasing crazily lately.  So yeah, maybe in the past when things were "only" going up 10% a year a recession didn't impact pricing, but now that it seems to be doubling every year, there could be impact.

Malvin