• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

I wasn't paying attention to everything and thought that the auction for 5 Matt Wagner Grendel covers were going cheap.  Good thing I read the description and realized that they were each trading card sized!  In which case $6.6K for 6 covers isn't so cheap.

Malvin

On 6/16/2022 at 12:44 PM, inovrmihd said:

Can anyone explain the Defenders 26 cover at $132k?  I know it came with a copy of the comic, but still.

Martinex teabagging Vance Astro gets a premium. ‘Nuff said.

On 6/16/2022 at 3:09 PM, ExNihilo said:

Can't tell if this means he sold, bought, or if he's just being sarcastic.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Ce4JGpjvtDY/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Can you do a screen shot of that? I don't use instagram

On 6/16/2022 at 3:30 PM, ExNihilo said:

image.thumb.png.fc75bfc9619fef193d4cd552b55aac19.png

Oh, thanks lol I saw that on facebook. That's his sense of humor. He got the SH#$TTY DARK KNIGHT cover instead of the real thing. 

On 6/16/2022 at 1:32 PM, comix4fun said:

Oh, thanks lol I saw that on facebook. That's his sense of humor. He got the SH#$TTY DARK KNIGHT cover instead of the real thing. 

Ah.  Thanks for clearing that up.  It was the comments by other followers and the fact that it seemed a weird thing to joke about.  For awhile I was thinking "wow, these art reps must make a killing if he can afford a $2M piece".

On 6/16/2022 at 3:02 PM, Race said:

NO ONE should be shocked about the DKR cover. Crypto and the stock market have been and still are blowing up. Small hedge funds are going under as I type this. Folks, this is as serious as March 2020. Less money = lower auction prices

Not that serious. I think this is just a general economic correction, which may or may not result in a technical short recession (2 quarters of economic contraction), and later, a drop in prices as supply lines straighten out. What will get hurt are the inflated prices in stocks (P/E ratios), high housing prices (15-20%), overpriced collectibles (sorry, folks) and an increase in interest rates. 

On 6/16/2022 at 2:15 PM, Rick2you2 said:

Not that serious. I think this is just a general economic correction, which may or may not result in a technical short recession (2 quarters of economic contraction), and later, a drop in prices as supply lines straighten out. What will get hurt are the inflated prices in stocks (P/E ratios), high housing prices (15-20%), overpriced collectibles (sorry, folks) and an increase in interest rates. 

I keep waiting for housing to correct. So far not seeing it in the listings I am tracking. I have money this time universe. Please...

On 6/16/2022 at 2:34 PM, Twanj said:

Updated covers with

#2(?) Miller/Varley DKR #1 cover @ 2.4m

#5 Lee/ @stinkininkin Batman #619 triple cover @ 500k

#11 McFarlane Spiderman #16 cover @ 400k

That Batman triple cover really blew my mind.  I know Hush covers command a lot, but that final hammer didn't only slam on the final price, but also crushed any illusions I had about ever owning one of the 12 covers.