• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/16/2022 at 2:17 PM, NinjaSealed said:

If the SW8 page sold for a normal price we would be saying the DK1 price would be insane. 

It wouldn't have been as shocking for sure, but even without that result, I don't think 2.4m would have seemed extreme.

On 6/16/2022 at 2:14 PM, delekkerste said:

OMFG, this is shocking. I thought it would go in the mid-$4Ms, plus or minus $1 million. 

I said before the auction that it better not sell for just $2 million (the low estimate and potentially some kind of guarantee) hammer, because people will question whether the buyer was even someone other than Heritage. 

My prediction was $4.5M and that seemed like a realistic selling point for it. It was pretty underwhelming seeing it go for $2.4M in the live auction, but whoever won that cover definitely got it for a steal.

Daredevil #1 page 5 $204K.

Most a Silver Age Everett page has gone for. I don't include Golden Age because I know there are a page out there of the Submariner by Bill that might have gone for more privately.

On 6/16/2022 at 1:59 PM, Brian Peck said:

Daredevil #1 page 5 $204K.

Most a Silver Age Everett page has gone for. I don't include Golden Age because I know there are a page out there of the Submariner by Bill that might have gone for more privately.

Didn't page 2 from this issue go for $288k? 

NO ONE should be shocked about the DKR cover. Crypto and the stock market have been and still are blowing up. Small hedge funds are going under as I type this. Folks, this is as serious as March 2020. Less money = lower auction prices

On 6/16/2022 at 1:09 PM, Brian Peck said:

For giggles, I broke down this story page by page to figure out what "break up value" would be for it. 
Without stretching too much I got over $300k. Two of the pages (the page 1 and the death splash) would likely account for 1/2 that amount and the other 20 pages would break out at around $7500 a page with some primo batman and joker sequences likely hitting $10-15 and the lesser pages settling in at $2500-5000. 
I brushed off my own $300k+ assessment thinking that I wasn't sure, in reality, who would lay down that much to break it up...that they would likely want to make 20-30% at minimum for the outlay.