• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Heritage June Auction
7 7

756 posts in this topic

On 6/14/2022 at 9:22 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Only two days before Live bidding starts for Platinum Day, and aside from the DKR cover, barely any noticeable movement in prices.

normally, Wed see a bump of 10-20% from the previous week, but it looks like folks are waiting to bid even closer to live date!

Or folks have less money b/c BTC is now 20K and the stock market puked again

Placed a few bids, looks great! Found the only resistance was a Peanuts strip... don't need a second bite at the apple to tell me someone really wants those dailies

On 6/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

History in the making .. ....who was it who said $ 6 million is possible?

Not me. I privately told a few of you $3.4m, but it's just a guess.

Few, except the financially capable and motivated have any idea. Er...and Jim :) 

On 6/15/2022 at 8:26 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

I believe I said 2 - 7.5 pre auction with 4.5 being my guess as to the most likely outcome.    The potential range is enormous but it looks like a decent floor is already established… it will be fun to watch 

Edited by Bronty

On 5/18/2022 at 11:12 PM, szav said:

This may not go over well with this crowd, and I respect the book for its place in the history of the hobby, it was really groundbreaking, cool, and different from what I remember as a kid, and I think the cover demands a few million just for what it belongs to....but if it helps you be more at ease with your mehh feelings about this cover you can try and look at it like my admittedly degenerated brain sees it, and can now not unsee.  It's sort of like those optical illusions with the dual picture old lady/young lady etc.

Clearly the dark knight was previously injured trying once again to jump head first into a lightning bolt.

image.png.2b8b643d02393e9676607978c025d4a1.png

On CAF, someone posted Bruce Timm's attempt to visualize the pose.

https://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1825674

timm dkr.jpg

On 6/15/2022 at 5:26 AM, drdonaldblake1 said:

On the 29th of May I predicted in this thread that DKR 1 will make at least $4.5M

Some factors to consider

*Secret Wars 8 page sold 3.3M

**two comics, AF 15 3.6 M and now reported the private sale of Superman 1 CGC 8.0 sold for $5.3M in January.

This type of confidence in collectibles makes it easier for those with the means to justify paying record prices.

DKR 1 is positioned to 👍 attract those closing bids and should produce a magical price we’ll be talking about for awhile.

🍇 🦍 

On 6/15/2022 at 2:12 PM, Race said:

Wait, is this Wolverine? And why does he look as though he needs a dose of Pepto? 

🎶 Batman keep your S N I K T hand strong, your S N I K T hand, gotta keep your S N I K T hand strong 🎶 

6C2E155D-3953-4302-857E-170DBD005D50.jpeg.b606442d3139c2de2bc7361a0759d832.jpeg

Edited by grapeape

Earlier this morning, I was doing a final review of the Platinum Day auction items that I want to bid on, and I noticed something interesting.  There appears to be two 2-hour separations in start times throughout today's auction.  The 1st block of items starts in approximately 4.5hrs, followed by a 2-hr stoppage before the 2nd block of items starts, and it does so again for a 3rd time today.

Anyone else notice this breakup to the auction day?  (shrug)

On 6/16/2022 at 7:36 AM, jjonahjameson11 said:

Earlier this morning, I was doing a final review of the Platinum Day auction items that I want to bid on, and I noticed something interesting.  There appears to be two 2-hour separations in start times throughout today's auction.  The 1st block of items starts in approximately 4.5hrs, followed by a 2-hr stoppage before the 2nd block of items starts, and it does so again for a 3rd time today.

Anyone else notice this breakup to the auction day?  (shrug)

They always do the platinum stuff separately.

This time, they are also doing the Darren Shan collection separately.

Then the rest of the thursday items (non-platinum non-Shan).

So, the extra break is due to the specific Shan collection session.