• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Church/MH Superman 1 record sale in January
7 7

406 posts in this topic

On 4/28/2022 at 7:20 AM, Gotham Kid said:

might as well ask for 59Mil, the offers you'll get in will be the same.

hm:idea:

On 4/28/2022 at 9:45 AM, Gotham Kid said:

if only ComicLink would allow my $500 offer

not sure what I’m doing wrong (shrug)

What is the minimum percentage for a CLink offer? I want to make sure my true asking price is more.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:55 PM, MrBedrock said:

What is the minimum percentage for a CLink offer? I want to make sure my true asking price is more.

I think it is 50% but I was trying my luck at 0.001% 

guess not 

Edited by Gotham Kid

Do you think the fact it has minor color touch and glue would solidly affect this sale and despite the pedigree? Don't get me wrong, I know how that works with some golden age books not getting a purple label, due to I think the resto being soo minor and I guess appropriate for the times right? Hence the blue label, but still makes me wonder if at this level it would affect the potential sale.

Screen Shot 2022-04-28 at 12.51.29 PM.png

On 4/28/2022 at 1:18 AM, Microchip said:

Roy, where do you see the hobby going at this point?

We're constantly getting an unending line of nay-sayers', saying the hobby will implode any day around the corner.   With someone feeling confident enough to sink $5.3m into a single book, the assumption is that the person felt confident in the price, and their decision.  Where do you see the hobby progressing from here?

I'm not Roy, but I am Cautious.  With the NASDAQ tanking 20% and economy teetering on rescission, one has to wonder.

But the good news imo:

1.  I don't think its like Autos, where Model A collectors gave way to generation of '40 Ford Coups collectors that gave way to '70s muscle cars collectors... because the old GA comics are still the origin stories and won't fall to the wayside like the '40 Ford Coup values.

2.  With every economic cycle, the rich seem to keep getting richer.  So, that probably won't change and they will still put money somewhere.

3.  Comics have outpaced inflation for decades

4.  Perhaps, just perhaps, comics will continue to move with the general collectable art market (I think it should)...?

...And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

Edited by path4play

On 4/29/2022 at 8:41 AM, path4play said:

I'm not Roy, but I am Cautious.  With the NASDAQ tanking 20% and economy teetering on rescission, one has to wonder.

4.  Perhaps, just perhaps, comics will continue to move with the general collectable art market (I think it should)...?

The NASDAQ tanking will likely re-drive the market, as people look to alternate investment options.

4.   This is definitely on the cards.   The big sales will peek the interest of new entrants to the hobby.

On 4/29/2022 at 11:47 AM, sfcityduck said:

My argument against MF 73 is that golden age GA and Aquaman were third tier heroes.  They weren't in the JSA.  And they weren't on MF 73's cover or many covers at all.  They were backups.  Many DC characters had a much higher profile than GA and Aquaman, 

I think we've seen that it's more about where a book/character is going, as opposed to where they have been.

Aquaman is currently hot territory.  

Is the seller on the mother of all fishing trips, hoping to cast off of Roy's sale, absolutely.

Edited by Microchip