• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Church/MH Superman 1 record sale in January
7 7

406 posts in this topic

On 4/22/2022 at 11:17 AM, MasterChief said:

This thread reminded me of the below...

Anyone know what became of this movie production?

On 4/22/2022 at 1:19 PM, RareHighGrade said:

Good question, I hope it hasn't been abandoned.

Hopefully not, but shall we take a survey to see which gets done first, the Edgar Church movie, the Pedigree book, or my guess here which is Neither of the Above?  ^^  :taptaptap:  :taptaptap:

Edited by lou_fine

On 4/21/2022 at 4:17 PM, sfcityduck said:

I think that is the backstory for the Mile High pedigree.  The story of Edgar Church is somewhat depressing and uninspiring.  But the story of how Chuck Rozanski transformed comic collecting is a fascinating part of comic collecting history.  Which is why, for me, the Mile High pedigree will always be that, not Church.   

That's the most ridiculous thing that I have ever heard.

On 4/26/2022 at 9:15 AM, MasterChief said:

Poking around on the internet this weekend and discovered the Church house sold again in 2020.

This time the listing was accompanied with a virtual tour giving a glimpse into the interior of the home that contained the most significant find in comic book history.

https://media.livsothebysrealty.com/public/vtour/display/1678789#!/play?id=59382708

Nooooooooooooooooo :whatthe::whatthe::facepalm:

image.thumb.png.dfebede9676e38d568fe437dc3934ecf.png

On 4/23/2022 at 1:47 PM, szav said:

I’m not sure I recall all the details, but I think it was almost as good as ‘Guy Inherits 100 Billion, Acquires Captain America #1 CGC 9.8’.

I think he also wanted to buy Twitter but missed out.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:15 PM, MasterChief said:

Poking around on the internet this weekend and discovered the Church house sold again in 2020.

On 4/25/2022 at 4:50 PM, adamstrange said:

:cry:

I'd have paid 3x Guide 

On 4/25/2022 at 5:57 PM, woowoo said:

Bet he never knew that just one of his books is worth 5x his house :manhero:

Well, probably not at the time it was originally sold as I believe the Action 1 ended up selling for something like $25K while the Church house was sold for $30K back on June 1 of 1977:  :gossip:

https://www.redfin.com/CO/Denver/2331-Julian-St-80211/home/34082948

Definitely worth a whole lot more then just 5x the value of his house taody since it sold for only a relatively piddly $625K with a list price of $610K back in September of 2020.  Looks like home prices have not done very well over the interim with this house selling 7 different times during this time period, but I guess still a nice return on the original $30K, but nothing at all compared to what was stored in the basment.  :takeit: