• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2022 CGC Grading Contest Season 1 Spring Edition (#2) Round 1
28 28

482 posts in this topic

On 4/29/2022 at 8:59 PM, JollyComics said:

Well, my intended grade was 6.5 but the hole alerted me.

Yeah I saw the hole and what I thought was writing on the front cover red section, looked like a scribbled "A" or something so I hit that hard. I always hit hard on any kind of marking. On of the other books had a date stamp on it that I think was probably the LCS. Overall tho, I didnt do too bad this round. Good luck!

• Administrator
On 4/29/2022 at 8:48 PM, apoptosis said:

Is it me or was the stain/color rub on the cops arm to the left of the cuff links on TEC #32 removed?  Should we assume the grade is after a cleaning?

This was brought to my attention a few days ago, and I was assured that it caused no change in the grade.  It was a last minute decision during the grading to remove a tiny bit of crud off the book.  I have been assured that none of the other books in this contest or the last one had any cleaning or pressing done after the scans.  This is something that would rarely happen anyways.  The books for this round were acquired just a day before the round started.  They were imaged and this round started before the books were graded.  I have been assured that nothing like this would happen again.  I made it clear that I did not want anything like this to happen again.  

On 4/29/2022 at 6:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

This was brought to my attention a few days ago, and I was assured that it caused no change in the grade.  It was a last minute decision during the grading to remove a tiny bit of crud off the book.  I have been assured that none of the other books in this contest or the last one had any cleaning or pressing done after the scans.  This is something that would rarely happen anyways.  The books for this round were acquired just a day before the round started.  They were imaged and this round started before the books were graded.  I have been assured that nothing like this would happen again.  I made it clear that I did not want anything like this to happen again.  

its ok more real life that way.

On 4/29/2022 at 8:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

Thanks for the clarification, it wouldn't of changed my grade anyways because I had the staple stress and creases lower than a stain anyways.

On 4/29/2022 at 9:11 PM, CGC Mike said:

That one cost me dearly. :pullhair:

On 4/29/2022 at 6:20 PM, JollyComics said:
On 4/29/2022 at 6:07 PM, trmoore54 said:

Where's the small hole?  Not seeing it.  THX

1289668226_ScreenShot2022-04-29at8_20_17PM.png.65e03d4d50e1765762bd646614235b79.png

as usual someone took potshot at batman-and missed.