• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Up charge
4 4

45 posts in this topic

I don’t no if this has been brought up but I just got up charged by CGC because of a book of mine got 9.8. So now CGC is waiting for books to get graded. This makes no sense and that is why I don’t as much. Blackstone is there slave master and want there money back with these BS up charges. 

That book in that grade must have pushed you into another value tier, and it must have been quite a notable difference, as they tend not to do that all too often. Bright side for you is, you've got a more valuable book than you thought.

If you'd like more advice from us, feel free to share what the book was, and what tier you sent it in as. 

On 4/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, reptilekingdie said:

I don’t no if this has been brought up but I just got up charged by CGC because of a book of mine got 9.8. So now CGC is waiting for books to get graded. This makes no sense and that is why I don’t as much. Blackstone is there slave master and want there money back with these BS up charges. 

I’m kinda confused about what you’re upset about.  Your book got a higher grade than you expected....

Up charges are bad, but up doc is worse!

On 4/28/2022 at 5:50 PM, reptilekingdie said:

Slave master? C’mon. 

image.gif.1e528ef44cd2d0ca4e3d9dc10e8af8e9.gif

On 4/28/2022 at 4:04 PM, THE_BEYONDER said:

While we’re on the topic of these upcharges...

How is it not a complete conflict of interest for there to be a direct correlation between grading fees & the value of the book being submitted????

5F938C88-B11D-4165-941D-D9DDEDF5054F.gif.8d3834161356aac98953f7eb5e90c0a3.gif

Must be why I'm seeing all these 9.0s in 9.4 containers? :deadhorse: