• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

4 4

41 posts in this topic

On 6/30/2022 at 6:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Let's also remember, Anthony is Jimmy the Greek's son.  You know, the guy fired for making inappropriate comments on NATIONAL TELEVISION.  So I don't think making Anthony "PC" is going to happen...

Oh wow, is this for real!? (or as Mike would say 'Are you kidding me!?!')

Oh boy, Anthony has been extremely well behaved all things considered!

On 6/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

Let's also remember, Anthony is Jimmy the Greek's son.  You know, the guy fired for making inappropriate comments on NATIONAL TELEVISION.  So I don't think making Anthony "PC" is going to happen...

By which of your father's failings should we judge you?

I doubt anything here really influences the DD participants or people in the chat.  And certainly doesn't influence what they choose to sell or even their pricing. 

re: the 6/29/2022 DD... when the Fish Police art was shown, someone in the chat said "mouth gap".  And there was an informal CAF gathering at the HeroesCon last weekend.  Someone commented that Bill Cox was taller than one might have guessed.  Someone said "height gap".  So add those to the "gap" tote board.

On 6/30/2022 at 6:19 PM, Will_K said:

I doubt anything here really influences the DD participants or people in the chat.  And certainly doesn't influence what they choose to sell or even their pricing. 

re: the 6/29/2022 DD... when the Fish Police art was shown, someone in the chat said "mouth gap".  And there was an informal CAF gathering at the HeroesCon last weekend.  Someone commented that Bill Cox was taller than one might have guessed.  Someone said "height gap".  So add those to the "gap" tote board.

I said “insect gap” last night, hope that was PC!:eek:

On 6/30/2022 at 6:22 AM, Fischb1 said:

For someone so offended by the garishness of the show, you sure do spend a lot of time watching it! 

Researcher:
The average radio listener listens for eighteen minutes a day. The average Ho***d St**n fan listens for - are you ready for this? - an hour and twenty minutes.:preach:

Kenny:
How could this be?:frown:

Researcher:
Answer most commonly given: "I want to see what he'll say next.":bigsmile:

Kenny:
 : All right, fine. But what about the people who hate Ste*n????

Researcher:
Good point. The average Ster* hater listens for two and a half hours a day.:highfive:

Kenny:
 : But... if they hate him, why do they listen?:butbutbutemoji:

Researcher:
Most common answer: "I want to see what he'll say next."lol

Due to any number of Topics and individual posts riding the fences and leaping right over too...this entire sub-Board is raring up for a classic "clean sweep" purge of any/all offensive and/or true posts. Just watch... lol 

I mean, those of us that have been around for a while, we do remember those exceptional moments in the past when major topics disappeared like they never happened. Except of course the bagholders...nobody poofed their scammed up prices paid and comps "set"...I'm sure they'll never forget. Good thing screenshots still exist :) 

On 6/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, jaybuck43 said:

I don't want to "out" the dealer (you might remember) as he expressed incredible remorse and apologized profusely.  We were at NYCC 2015 and one of my then coworkers came along.  She was going through the offered pieces from that dealer and while she was looking at something with the interest to buy the dealer was making a joke with someone else about how he would like to perform a sex act with this woman's body that he saw across the room.  My coworker looked at him in horror and just stared at him and then walked away.  He kept apologizing and basically gave me the piece I was holding at the time.  (It was priced then at a few hundred). 

We walked away awkwardly. 

I can only imagine how many other times that has happened at tables and booths at comic cons. 

Edited by Buzzetta

On 7/1/2022 at 9:53 AM, Unstoppablejayd said:

Hey OP???? Where did you and your comments go???? I did not even get a chance to ask your thoughts on the fact that a significant portion of comic art is scantily clad women and over sexualization????

His comments seem to be gone but some of them live on in that other posters have quoted him.

You can delete but you may not necessarily be able to hide. lol

On 7/1/2022 at 3:01 PM, Buzzetta said:

I don't want to "out" the dealer (you might remember) as he expressed incredible remorse and apologized profusely.  We were at NYCC 2015 and one of my then coworkers came along.  She was going through the offered pieces from that dealer and while she was looking at something with the interest to buy the dealer was making a joke with someone else about how he would like to perform a sex act with this woman's body that he saw across the room.  My coworker looked at him in horror and just stared at him and then walked away.  He kept apologizing and basically gave me the piece I was holding at the time.  (It was priced then at a few hundred). 

We walked away awkwardly. 

I can only imagine how many other times that has happened at tables and booths at comic cons. 

I think by quoting a post specifically about Anthony in your post it implies that he is the culprit in this exchange. Also, there are dealers that are good people and others that are scumbags and I think people know which are which so the list of people this post could be about is fairly small (assuming it is one of the known dealers). 

On 7/2/2022 at 10:32 AM, kbmcvay said:

I think by quoting a post specifically about Anthony in your post it implies that he is the culprit in this exchange. Also, there are dealers that are good people and others that are scumbags and I think people know which are which so the list of people this post could be about is fairly small (assuming it is one of the known dealers). 

There was no implication on my part that it was Anthony.  I quoted Jaybuck because he and I usually go to NYCC together and walk around.  So if anyone believes that I was implicating Anthony, no, it is not Anthony.   However, that is the only name that I will comment on because I see how my reply could lead some to believe that I was implicating him.   That is the only name to which I will speak of though as I do not want to directly implicate someone because I would like to believe that the art dealer I speak of learned his lesson.  

Guest Race

2 small things: 1, Made the realization that a sizable # of members are not ready for a hobby paradigm which includes respect for women. 2, Realized if Bill, Mike and Anthony (who are all on here) were not brave enough to stand by/defend their behavior, then the thread was pointless. I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

Edited by Race

I haven't seen any of the Dueling Dealers episodes and can't speak to the content, but any move towards a more professional product is a good thing for the hobby, right? One thing I like about Felix's podcast is that it's very professional and Felix is very good about keeping his guests on track when needed and letting them wander when appropriate. 

On 7/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Race said:

2 small things: 1, Made the realization that a sizable # of members are not ready for a hobby paradigm which includes respect for women. 2, Realized if Bill, Mike and Anthony (who are all on here) were not brave enough to stand by/defend their behavior, then the thread was pointless. I apologize for wasting anyone's time.

All of these judgements were made in the less than 24 hours between you making this thread and deciding to erase every post you made in it?

You weren't brave enough to let your messages stand for 24 hours in order to try and exact this paradigm shift you wanted to see in the hobby, but you wanted Bill/Mike/Anthony to respond in 24 hours?

Sounds hypocritical to me

Edited by JC25427N