• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 11/29/2023 at 12:37 PM, Dr. Balls said:

Kang still sucks, tho.

I hope the MCU uses Kang's other timeline as Rama-tut, Egyptian Pharaoh in Avengers: Kang (2) movie. Then use Kang's other persona, Doctor Doom, in Marvel's Avengers 'Secret Wars' (#3) film just to give purple Kang less screen time, if he is not liked by fandom. The latter leading into another reboot of live action FF movie.

In text messages between Jonathan Majors and accuser Grace Jabbari, the Marvel actor appears to admit to physical violence against his now-ex — six months before Majors was arrested in March and charged with assault in a separate domestic violence case.

“I fear you have no perspective of what could happen if you go to the hospital,” Majors, 34, texted Jabbari, 30, in September 2022. “They will ask you questions, and as I don’t think you actually protect us, it could lead to investigation even if you do lie, and they suspect something.”

In the text messages — displayed to the jury and read into the record by Jabbari on her fourth and final day on the stand on Friday — Jabbari had assured Majors that she would not blame him for causing an injury to her head.

“I will tell the doctor I bumped my head,” Jabbari cried as she read aloud the message in court.

Then unable to continue through her tears, Assistant District Attorney Kelli Galaway took over: “I will tell the doctor I bumped my head if I go. I’m going to give it one more day, but I can’t sleep and I need some stronger pain killers. That’s all: why would I tell them what really happened when it’s clear I want to be with you.”

dave-chappelle-oh-boy.gif.6d62a8ce9aaeab6c097026725e16d409.gif

Edited by Bosco685

I predict Jonathan Majors will now employ the "Multiverse Defense".

"That wasn't me, that was one of my Variants. NOT GUILTY!"

On 12/8/2023 at 7:20 PM, bentbryan said:

More often than not where there’s smoke, there’s fire. 

Not true at all. 

INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY and let's not start abridging that. 

Johnny Depp is the perfect example. He got blacklisted over the Amber Heard trial while he was innocent and she was a nut. 

Would YOU like to be presumed guilty until proven innocent?

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, VintageComics said:

Not true at all. 

Johnny Depp is the perfect example. He got blacklisted over the Amber Heard trial while he was innocent and she was a nut. 

The Depp/ Heard trial is a false equivalency, he didn’t have multiple people coming forward with stories (unless I missed it, which I may have)  

And I don’t have any first-hand info to say whether he’s guilty or no, what I said is more  often than not, which is a pretty fair statement.  Not to mention he’s got a track record that is starting to emerge including his talent or PR agency (I can’t remember which). 

On 12/9/2023 at 4:28 PM, bentbryan said:

The Depp/ Heard trial is a false equivalency, he didn’t have multiple people coming forward with stories (unless I missed it, which I may have)  

And I don’t have any first-hand info to say whether he’s guilty or no, what I said is more  often than not, which is a pretty fair statement.  Not to mention he’s got a track record that is starting to emerge including his talent or PR agency (I can’t remember which). 

I think everyone should have something BAD but untrue to happen to them to fully realize how damaging and painful rumors can be, because most people are very frivolous (and self righteous) with such things these days. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/8/2023 at 7:20 PM, bentbryan said:

More often than not where there’s smoke, there’s fire. 

https://people.com/jonathan-majors-defense-brings-up-accusers-ex-high-school-boyfriend-cross-examination-8411749

Listen, there are some things you don't do.
One is that you don't share someone else's trauma that they confided in you.
Especially an ex-lover.
I don't care how badly things fell apart that is dirtbag behavior.

On 12/9/2023 at 4:37 PM, VintageComics said:

I think everyone should have something BAD but untrue to happen to them to fully realize how damaging and painful rumors can be, because most people are very frivolous (and self righteous) with such things these days. 

In principle I could see how most would lean into "innocent until proven guilty".

Unfortunately, these are text not as off-color jokes like what happened with Depp and Bettany. This is the accused abuser instructing the injured partner not to speak about her injuries as it will be easy to connect the dots what took place (factual or not). And her stating in the text back she would never do anything to disrupt their relationship, as she wants to be with him so bad. Which @drotto noted a common term for such potential situations (accurate or not).

-----------------

Stockholm syndrome: Psychological response wherein a captive begins to identify closely with his or her captors, as well as with their agenda and demands.

-----------------

It would be difficult not to see this potential environment when reading the testimony. And again, unlike Heard/Depp where she attempted to speak on his behalf what he was really feeling at the time and what he meant, all Jabbari did was read the actual words in their exchange. Including she wouldn't reall tell them what caused her injury.

That latter part is a very powerful statement that didn't appear to be contested by Majors in the text. At least nothing revealed so far. And that's most probably why it is difficult not to see the male as a possible abuser in the relationship.

I mean, I have no dog in this fight, but "threatening suicide" as Majors appears to have done on more than one occasion here, is a classic abuser tactic.  Because it results in the person who you have abused suddenly being placed into the position of having to comfort you, to tell you that it's going to be okay, and to reassure you that you are not, in fact, a terrible person.  That ******* who abused Melissa Benoist did the same kind of ****.  

Other text messages, these sent from Majors to Jabbari, reveal that Majors threatened to commit suicide if she went to the hospital: “Last night I considered killing myself versus coming home,” Majors wrote: “I need love too. Or maybe I’m such a monster and horrible man, I don’t deserve it. And I should just kill myself. In this way, my existence is miserable, I want to die.”

Jabbari responds with the following: “I will not go to the doctor if you don’t feel safe with me doing so, or don’t trust me to. I promise you I would never mention you but understand your fear.”

Majors’ response: “I will probably kill myself, it’s not really contemplating anymore.” He added: “I’m a monster, a horrible man, not capable of love. I’m killing myself soon.”

“Jonathan, you can’t say this I’m going to have to tell someone,” Jabbari responded.

So if she went to the hospital to get treated for the headaches she was experiencing from supposed being hit Majors threatened to commit suicide?

No, this is not Heard vs. Depp.

On 12/11/2023 at 3:53 PM, Bosco685 said:

So if she went to the hospital to get treated for the headaches she was experiencing from supposed being hit Majors threatened to commit suicide?

No, this is not Heard vs. Depp.

Nobody said it was Heard vs. Depp, but thankfully INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is not based on H vs D either. 

It's pretty sad that this movie forum has become the gossip forum and in some ways no better than the casher racks full of gossip rags and it's worse that people care so much about the gossip. 

Edited by VintageComics

On 12/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, VintageComics said:

Nobody said it was Heard vs. Depp, but thankfully INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY is not based on H vs D either. 

It's pretty sad that this movie forum has become the gossip forum and in some ways no better than the casher racks full of gossip rags and it's worse that people care so much about the gossip. 

Man, don't go down that path with this fellow.

On 12/9/2023 at 9:50 AM, VintageComics said:

Not true at all. 

He'll argue you into circles.

:baiting:

:nyah:

On 12/11/2023 at 5:21 PM, VintageComics said:

More of your thinly veiled insults at posters in this forum but then at the same time you go and cry to admin that you’re being attacked and want Mike to crack down on “contentious posts”. 

If this forum is so bad then why come in here? 
(that was a rhetorical question, I am not at all interested in your answer to that fyi)  

On 12/11/2023 at 6:36 PM, bentbryan said:

More of your thinly veiled insults at posters in this forum but then at the same time you go and cry to admin that you’re being attacked and want Mike to crack down on “contentious posts”. 

If this forum is so bad then why come in here? 
(that was a rhetorical question, I am not at all interested in your answer to that fyi)  

It's not thinly veiled at all. lol

It's an outright statement that if people prefer to discuss gossip about celebrities to more a constructive discussion, I consider that a pathetic and fruitless endeavor. 

And if you approve of the "guilty until proven innocent" concept, then that speaks more about you than anyone else. 

All you do is troll my posts. Not sure why, but keep on keeping on.