• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 6/18/2023 at 9:50 AM, drotto said:

Yes, we have a lot of titles in slots right now, but previously the MCU had a machine feel to it with its ability to get content out more or less on time.  This massive reshuffling is definitely related to the writers strike, but it feel like a lot more is going on here.  My gut tells me there are many more changes happening behind the scenes, and the strike could turn out to be a blessing giving the MCU time to slow down, take stock, and make some changes.

Yep. Less people are going to the movies. Budgets need to be adjusted. 

So many better possibilities than Kang; good call. I’d take:

a Kree/Skrull war

a straight adaptation of Graviton’s 1st appearance

an Avengers/Defenders war (which is really Loki and Dormammu trying to sucker each other anyway…Dr Strange forms his own team in response…voila!

Adapt Zero’s Masters of Evil massacre from the late 270’s (great vehicle for a Thor return)

On 11/15/2023 at 5:34 PM, Readcomix said:

So many better possibilities than Kang; good call. I’d take:

a Kree/Skrull war

a straight adaptation of Graviton’s 1st appearance

an Avengers/Defenders war (which is really Loki and Dormammu trying to sucker each other anyway…Dr Strange forms his own team in response…voila!

Adapt Zero’s Masters of Evil massacre from the late 270’s (great vehicle for a Thor return)

The MCU has enough A list options now to fill theaters for the next few decades.

As has been said in many other threads, they just need to use their IP in a strong way and not thin themselves out. A few less movies at a time and go back to strong character development and things will rebound the way X-men rebounded under Neal Adams and Daredevil rebounded under Miller. 

On 11/15/2023 at 3:30 PM, paperheart said:

Destin Daniel Cretton Departs As Director On ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty’; Remains Aboard ‘Wonder Man’, ‘Shang-Chi 2’ & More In MCU

https://deadline.com/2023/11/marvel-destin-daniel-cretton-avengers-kang-dynasty-exits-1235612901/

Mark my words there will be no "Wonder Man"

On 11/15/2023 at 7:13 PM, MAR1979 said:

:butbutbutemoji: that contradicts your initial post that kicked off this thread

Once again folks; Don't believe it until you see it!

You mean prior to the Jonathan Majors trial? There was a movie in the works. Director and writer hired. Events changed the roadmap.

On 11/15/2023 at 7:18 PM, Bosco685 said:

You mean prior to the Jonathan Majors trial? There was a movie in the works. Director and writer hired. Events changed the roadmap.

Which is why the mantra for any Film announcement should be; Don't believe it until you see it! 

Edited by MAR1979