• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MCU's AVENGERS 5 - TITLE TBD (TBD)
8 8

365 posts in this topic

On 11/15/2023 at 10:30 PM, paperheart said:

Destin Daniel Cretton Departs As Director On ‘Avengers: The Kang Dynasty’; Remains Aboard ‘Wonder Man’, ‘Shang-Chi 2’ & More In MCU

https://deadline.com/2023/11/marvel-destin-daniel-cretton-avengers-kang-dynasty-exits-1235612901/

Wow I did not even know that the director of Shang-Chi :D is directing the next Avengers. I  always thought that Disney wants someone who knows what they are doing to direct the  Avengers movies.. Hopefully results of the Marvels was strong enough message to Disney that they need do 180 on how they are handling the films/properties.

On 11/16/2023 at 2:37 AM, godzilla43 said:

Wow I did not even know that the director of Shang-Chi :D is directing the next Avengers. I  always thought that Disney wants someone who knows what they are doing to direct the  Avengers movies.. Hopefully results of the Marvels was strong enough message to Disney that they need do 180 on how they are handling the films/properties.

Don’t worry, soon enough JJ Abrams will have the “New” Avengers battling…let’s face it, Loki…in downtown Los Angeles.  And Chris Evans will show up in a wheel shaped house for some reason.

On 11/16/2023 at 8:34 PM, mattn792 said:

Star Wars - we got a clone for that.

Marvel - we got a universe for that.

I remember the first time I saw a Motley Crue video back in 1983. I was smitten and loved the band for decades after. 

When they announced their "retirement" with signed papers, I just KNEW it was BS and that they were coming back. 

When they announced their "come back" I vowed never to try to see live them again. No interest, and then stories came out about how they were using backing tracks and that Niki Sixx can't even play bass. lol

Serves them right. 

As long as the general public opens their mouths for them to shovel in their fodder, they'll keep doing it. 

On 11/16/2023 at 11:19 PM, VintageComics said:

I remember the first time I saw a Motley Crue video back in 1983. I was smitten and loved the band for decades after. 

When they announced their "retirement" with signed papers, I just KNEW it was BS and that they were coming back. 

When they announced their "come back" I vowed never to try to see live them again. No interest, and then stories came out about how they were using backing tracks and that Niki Sixx can't even play bass. lol

Serves them right. 

As long as the general public opens their mouths for them to shovel in their fodder, they'll keep doing it. 

Sad but true.

On 11/16/2023 at 10:19 PM, VintageComics said:

Serves them right. 

You're leaving out the part where fans got utterly fleeced with the "retirement tour" ticket prices, only to be duped again when they came back. I think the Eagles did that as well. Slayer retired, but I'm pretty sure they're done for good.

On 11/17/2023 at 12:19 AM, VintageComics said:

remember the first time I saw a Motley Crue video back in 1983. I was smitten and loved the band for decades after. 

Kind of reminds me of KISS. I can't count the number of times Gene Simmons says it`s their final tour.

lol haha

On 11/17/2023 at 12:41 PM, Dr. Balls said:

You're leaving out the part where fans got utterly fleeced with the "retirement tour" ticket prices, only to be duped again when they came back. I think the Eagles did that as well. Slayer retired, but I'm pretty sure they're done for good.

The Who

On 11/17/2023 at 2:14 PM, MAR1979 said:

The Who

I saw them in '89 or so on what, the 4th retirement tour? lol

It's all the same with these guys. Someone buys a house and they do a "we got a new mortgage to pay for tour". 

On 11/17/2023 at 2:06 PM, The humble Watcher lurking said:

Kind of reminds me of KISS. I can't count the number of times Gene Simmons says it`s their final tour.

lol haha

Saw them only once, circa 2013 or so?

Just to see them to see what they were all about. It was a pretty incredible show....but yeah, those two Shysters will suck the blood from a lemon. Or something like that. 

On 11/17/2023 at 5:10 PM, media_junkie said:

Yeah, we just had one thread locked because it got way off topic from the actual movie.  So what exactly does Motley Crue and bands that retire and come back have to do with an Avengers movie?  Can't say I'm keen on another thread getting locked for it going completly off the rails.

WE didn't get the thread locked. EDITED to say that my points in that thread were 100% bang on point as to why I thought the Marvels movie and by extension the MCU and DCU was struggling but a bunch of people who didn't even want to have the convo got a thread locked by constantly derailing it on purpose. 

Threads meander. No thread stays laser focused and nobody is derailing this thread either. 

I made a point about how disingenuous the entertainment industry can be and some people agreed. Nothing more.

If you want 100 posts with the word Kang in them be my guest.

Edited by VintageComics

On 11/17/2023 at 12:20 PM, VintageComics said:

So what exactly does Motley Crue and bands that retire and come back have to do with an Avengers movie? 

Motley Crue, along with many other bands, have announced a “Farewell Tour”, which is a tour where the band says they will play live music for the last time. However, there have been many cases where the band ends up coming back and touring again. This is similar to the Avengers movie, where many of the characters die or say goodbye at the end of the movie, but then end up coming back for the sequels.

I believe Professor X has died 4 times in the movies so far X-Men. (The Last Stand, X-Men: Dark Phoenix, Logan, Dr. Strange MoM)  Can it happen for the 5th time?  I guess we will just have to wait to find out.  

On 11/17/2023 at 5:32 PM, CAHokie said:

KANG!

Ok, you guys are good now for a few more pages.

I actually liked Kav's postings (outside of the cornfield) when he wasn't just saying KANG!

So here was the discussion at work - that none of us could really put together or remember (because it's not worth remembering), but:

WHAT EXACTLY IS KANG TRYING TO DO?

One suggestion in the kitchen was: he's trying to make the perfect timeline for himself? Well, I'd be damned if every person on earth isn't trying to do that with their life. Thanos had a philosophy he was trying to implement, and it required him to obtain objects to give himself the power to achieve his goal - and all the heroes poised against him knew what that plan was, and were working to stop him.

Pretty basic bad-guy stuff - I don't really get that from this whole Kang thing. The most Kang action we've seen was in Ant Man and he had just about every power you could think of and the only explanation we get is:

I'm from the future where we can inexplicably:

A. Levitate
B. Shoot laser beams from my hands
C. Teleport
D. Make time stop
E. Make time repeat itself

Beeeeeeeeeeeecause: SCIENCE!

Anyone want to enlighten me?