• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

What a :censored:$how and terrible response from CGC. Man, I've always been a staunch defender of CGC when things have gone bad, ups and downs. I love the product, the look, the feeling of knowing that you're holding onto the what was considered the leader in collectible grading. This has made me reconsider all of what I've held onto since I got into grading comics and the fact that CGC has now triple downed on their responses is just disgraceful. I have no words but I know that I won't be submitting anymore. CGC has had several chances to right the ship and have stayed the course no matter what. I am really in shock at this whole fiasco.

The book was originally ok'd and published by Marvel for the retailer. They then took the book, added to it through another publisher without Marvels consent, and branded it as something new. Can you even consider it a Marvel book at that point. Even if its the original artist its still a bootleg because Marvel didn't ok it.

I know this is serious and should be followed up on, yet it takes a back and forth. We can go on all day, and it will maybe be taken into consideration, that is the only saving face thing that I AM happy for.

I just don't want to overload the powers, because I'm also sure some kind of "thought went into this", but it is a struggle when no announcement was made or known before hand.

If they can just clarify to everyone's capability what is the "rule?" Then going forward we can adjust? Past experiences show us that evidently we either didn't understand? or is this CGC "bending the rules?" or do we have some kind of fallacy?

On 8/10/2022 at 5:14 AM, CGC Mike said:

CGC graded these comics only because the acetate cover was created by the artist himself.

But Mike, what's the criteria? Can any artist do it for any book they might likely have done a cover on? This is madness.