• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
25 25

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/9/2022 at 11:51 AM, Get Marwood & I said:

We're dealing here with a company that:

• advertises a crystal clear display, then insists that Newton Rings are normal and acceptable
  • grades invisible comics
  • slabs International reprints with the title and issue number of the US book that it reprints, not the book's actual title and issue number
  • believes multiple celebrity signing submissions have no bearing on TATs
  • gives first appearance designations to books that reprint first appearances
  • knowingly adds titles in the census against the records of publishers who never published those titles
  • tells us every book goes through QC when some of them go out upside down / in the wrong holder / accompanied by someone's hair

Why should anyone of us be surprised by this latest explanation - if you could call it that? Typical questionable judgement. Typical failure to uphold what is manifestly right and proper. Typical CGC. 

You forgot to mention the recent fiasco prior to C2E2:

• Omits crucial information from labels (such as tape on cover, staples added, etc.) despite the overwhelming opposition from collectors. 
Edited by Flanders82

After the Bad Idea Invisible grading fiasco we all should have known that CGC will sell a predetermined grade.

The biggest question that not only I, but I am sure most here want to know is, "What does it cost to buy a 10 or 9.9 from CGC? 

On 8/9/2022 at 12:12 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

After the Bad Idea Invisible grading fiasco we all should have known that CGC will sell a predetermined grade.

The biggest question that not only I, but I am sure most here want to know is, "What does it cost to buy a 10 or 9.9 from CGC? 

$10 extra?

Screenshot_20220809-121303.thumb.png.6c19de85be822a8c3b6cd6d19ba61070.png

On 8/9/2022 at 2:09 PM, NewWorldOrder said:

to me?

No,.no the gif wouldn't work. Radio was playing Adele could have had it all song, tried to post a spidey gif with that song lyrics. Unfortunately wouldn't post.

So it gets to the point where every post is the same (not aimed at you) and it used to deliver into gifs and memes. My answer was at the time just nope, this isn't the first time of sadness recently and nope is my answer there was just no humor to it. :(

On 8/9/2022 at 3:05 PM, Willbert said:

But set all that aside, can someone explain to me how 274 copies of Stray Dogs Acetate can be on the census and there is not a single 10.0 or 9.9? But Black Flag can submit 30 books, known so far, and have 3x10.0s, 11x9.9s among the 3 titles? So 0 out of 274 for a legit published book to grade above 9.8 but 14 out of 30 for retailer altered books.

This, this, THIS! This x10000!

On 8/9/2022 at 2:16 PM, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

So if were were to commission the artist who worked on a book to do an acetate cover for a book then stapled in on ourselves we would get the same results?

And furthermore, who qualifies as an "artist"?  What's to say I ask my prettier half to draw up an add on cover for some '90s drek issue, and we staple up a 100 copies.  Do we get a blue label for our frankencrap? 

Or maybe Black Flag really did slide an unmarked envelope across the table...

On 8/9/2022 at 2:14 PM, CGC Mike said:

CGC graded these comics only because the acetate cover was created by the artist himself.

Can we reconsider a yellow label then? If it's the "artist?" Cause y'all have declined that before, and it would be ok to some to not ruin a book idk. I mean if it is a change, why can't I do this to coverless books of ng's? Is there a reasoning?