• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

C2E2 Variant Drama
24 24

4,556 posts in this topic

On 8/10/2022 at 9:47 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

That's really a baseless assumption on your part.

To each their own right? I really don't think people will stop using CGC in such a way that it will put fear in CGC's heart. 
IMO, time will pass and folks will keep using CGC. 

On 8/10/2022 at 8:27 AM, MB1952 said:

the pandemic and pre-pandemic brought a wave of comic book influencers and new youtubers trying to cash in on the new wave rookie collectors. modern stuff is straight out over hype. 

I totally agree with you here. I was away from the hobby for about 10-15 years. My brother passed away pre-pandemic and so my siblings and I shared out his collection between the three of us. Then during the pandemic I decided to look at his books which reignited my love for comics. I will say that the amount of variants these days and even going to the extent of store exclusives reminds me of the 90's all over again where one day it all imploded.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:27 AM, MB1952 said:

the pandemic and pre-pandemic brought a wave of comic book influencers and new youtubers trying to cash in on the new wave rookie collectors. modern stuff is straight out over hype. 

This has been on my mind this morning. 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:55 AM, theCapraAegagrus said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. Considering CGC's response to our criticism, I think that this will be the last straw for many, many more people.

That would be a step in the right direction. 

On 8/10/2022 at 9:54 AM, Willbert said:

Well eBay has started blocking listing of this bootleg book as being COUNTERFEIT. The gentleman that bought a CGC 9.8 from Black Flag has posted on IG that eBay removed his listing for policy violation. Ouch. 

Whoa, really? 

That is very interesting. Wheels are turning?!? 

Countdown to generic corporate response...
"This past week has been an eyeopener.
We made some missteps and are developing an action plan to correct them.
We have decided to take the monies from this misstep and donate them to a non-profit.
In closing - we hear you, we are learning, and we will do better."

On 8/10/2022 at 8:54 AM, Willbert said:

Well eBay has started blocking listing of this bootleg book as being COUNTERFEIT. The gentleman that bought a CGC 9.8 from Black Flag has posted on IG that eBay removed his listing for policy violation. Ouch. 

What about all of the other copies still on eBay?

Does the specific listing have to be reported to be taken down?

Not sure if this has been updated but originally it was mentioned that the "influencers" were skipping the lines and buying the books before people who had been in line were able to?  Has this been confirmed?